New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Movies and Video For people making movies and editing video with their Mac.

youtube: capture and save?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Christopher

Christopher is an unknown at this point

Hi. Is there an app that will let me capture a youtube video and store it on my HD? Maybe even in QuickTime format? Thanks so much.

Imagine
QUOTE Thanks
Kilted1

Kilted1 is just really niceKilted1 is just really niceKilted1 is just really niceKilted1 is just really niceKilted1 is just really nice
Mac Specs: 2 iMacs 17+20" 2.16GHz 2GB RAM 500MB HDD 256MB Graphic card. 60Gig 5th gen iPod with Video

This might not be quite what you want but Podtube is cheap and rips into iTunes
http://www.djodjodesign.net/
QUOTE Thanks
dekan

dekan is a jewel in the roughdekan is a jewel in the rough

I use FLVR from http://www.tastyapps.com/ for that. works good except of the fact that they release an update like every couple days and that is kind of annoying...
release a bigger update after a couple weeks or something like that would be better imo.

oh yah: that one works with/requires Safari. Don't know about tools/plugins for other browsers though.
QUOTE Thanks
Kilted1

Kilted1 is just really niceKilted1 is just really niceKilted1 is just really niceKilted1 is just really niceKilted1 is just really nice
Mac Specs: 2 iMacs 17+20" 2.16GHz 2GB RAM 500MB HDD 256MB Graphic card. 60Gig 5th gen iPod with Video

This look Interesting too http://www.coolosxapps.net/2007/05/2...-google-video/
QUOTE Thanks
shahvikram123

shahvikram123 will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: Macbook: 2GHZ Intel C2D, 2 Gig Ram, 80 GB HD. Mac Mini: Intel C2D 2GHZ, 2 gig ram, 120gb HD

Quote:
Originally Posted by dekan View Post
I use FLVR from http://www.tastyapps.com/ for that. works good except of the fact that they release an update like every couple days and that is kind of annoying...
release a bigger update after a couple weeks or something like that would be better imo.

oh yah: that one works with/requires Safari. Don't know about tools/plugins for other browsers though.
or there is an easier way, in safari go to window and then activity and select the video to download, and double click it.

its usually the biggest file size.
QUOTE Thanks
Kaurotu

Kaurotu is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Standard Black MacBook

Firefox offers a great plugin for directly saving videos from Youtube. Just search the Mozilla Plugin Directory on their site.

I need no warrant or sanction upon my being. I am the warrant and sanction. - Ayn Rand
QUOTE Thanks
Brown Study

Brown Study is a name known to allBrown Study is a name known to allBrown Study is a name known to allBrown Study is a name known to allBrown Study is a name known to allBrown Study is a name known to allBrown Study is a name known to all
Mac Specs: G4 Tiger and OS 9

As well, the web cache may have the video. View the cache by List, and scan the file sizes for the largest — usually in megabytes.

However, all too often they disappear soon after the download finishes, so you'd have to copy/option-drag them onto the desktop fairly quickly. If you simply move them to the desktop, they still disappear. They must be copied.

If they're from YouTube, f'rinstance, you can add .flv to the name after they're copied, though VLC will open them anyway.
QUOTE Thanks
RiDE

RiDE has a reputation beyond reputeRiDE has a reputation beyond reputeRiDE has a reputation beyond reputeRiDE has a reputation beyond reputeRiDE has a reputation beyond reputeRiDE has a reputation beyond reputeRiDE has a reputation beyond reputeRiDE has a reputation beyond reputeRiDE has a reputation beyond reputeRiDE has a reputation beyond reputeRiDE has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: Mac's

The web cache route mentioned by Brown Study is probably is a good way to do it (and FREE)

The very best "pay-app" I have found is TUBESOCK... Works perfectly. It has a DEMO version and is $15 to register.
QUOTE Thanks
Nono Ono

Nono Ono is on a distinguished road

Even easier: Go here:
http://mediaconverter.org/
The site will copy and convert the youtube video to mp4. Fast and easy as pie.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« .avi Newbie Question | Elgato EyeTV Turbo »