New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Movies and Video For people making movies and editing video with their Mac.

Semi Pro Camcorder Recommendation

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

cameronryan

cameronryan can only hope to improve
Mac Specs: MBP

I have shot all my movies, music vids, a wedding and a christening on a diddy little Panasonic NV-GS1 standard amateur camcorder which I was given back in 2004 by a man who never used it.

Having shot over 50 hours of DV film, been strapped to motorbikes and roller coasters, wrapped in clingfilm and submerged in the Anderman sea, rained on, swung about and over heated it is not as reliable as it was and I will miss its flexibility.

I have been encouraged to start my own business as a wedding videographer so after I have had my own, I am planning a return to the UK and will obviously require a half decent, maybe semi pro camera.

I saw a great Sony one in Hong Kong that was around a thousand UK pounds but I can't remember the product name.

I will miss the flexibility I had with my little cheap one but I do need to upgrade and HDV is the way forward, I also believe this is useable for TV broadcast should the need ever arise.

I am not bothered about an hard drive camcorder, I think it is better to use DV cassettes but I may be wrong. Sony seems to be the favourite for local TV cameramen, am I on the right track and can anybody recommend one?

If compatibility is an issue, my laptop is a MacBook pro 15".

Cheers,

Cameron

"Man's function is to live not exist."

Jack London
QUOTE Thanks
PowerBookG4

PowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud of
Mac Specs: Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.

great camera for weddings: http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produc...Camcorder.html

My Website
Blog
I love my hosting company!
I was on the M-F honor roll for Febuary:2006
QUOTE Thanks
cameronryan

cameronryan can only hope to improve
Mac Specs: MBP

Mostly good reviews but I don't like those hard mics, also one major flaw was having the hot shoe right above the mic.

Still, definately an option.

"Man's function is to live not exist."

Jack London
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Missing the icon preview for Movies? Solution here! | HD Camera recommendation »