watching a .mov file in windows made with imovie
    Hi, my daughter make home movie for the first time for her school using imovie with her ibook g3.
    she add music etc.. now we want to watch it in a windows pc because at school they have only windows , so we transfer the .mov file then try to open with quicktime, vlc player and windows media player but we cant.
    With quicktime it said that it can not open it said;
    the movie file "IMGP0922.dv" can not be found, Without this file, the movie can not play properly" and it gives the option to cancel or search, so we copy those .dv files and put them together in a folder with the .mov file and now we choose search and we locate the file but then it ask for another .dv file then it ask for mp3 files and it goes like asking for files until it just freezes my win pc.
    What did she do wrong?, how come it is not just a .mov file instead of a .mov file + few .dv files and .mp3 files? and what she can do?
    Thanks

Specs:
    Apple Black MacBook 2 GB RAM, 2.0 GHZ Intel Core 2 Duo Proecessor, 120 GB HD. 30 GB Black iPod Video
    Well, I do not know how to solve your problem completely. But uploading the video to YouTube and setting its viewing restrictions to 'private', so only you and those you allow can watch it, is an option.

Then all you would have to do is login to YouTube whenever you want to watch it.

Edit: Disregard everything I just said. I just noticed that your file type is .dv and not .mov. That's why it won't play. Go into iMovie and click on 'Share', then click 'Quicktime', that way you'll convert the file to .mov and you'll be able to watch it.
    "Anecdotal thinking comes naturally, science requires training." - Michael Shermer

Thank you very much, we were able to save it that way.

Disregard everything I just said. I just noticed that your file type is .dv and not .mov. That's why it won't play. Go into iMovie and click on 'Share', then click 'Quicktime', that way you'll convert the file to .mov and you'll be able to watch it.

Specs:
    Apple Black MacBook 2 GB RAM, 2.0 GHZ Intel Core 2 Duo Proecessor, 120 GB HD. 30 GB Black iPod Video
    Are you able to view it on Windows now?
    "Anecdotal thinking comes naturally, science requires training." - Michael Shermer

Yes we can see it in windows, the only thing we noticed is that the quality is not that great but still viewable, i guess is because it compress the file to make it smaller and easy to mail or upload.
    But we are happy for now, she need it for tomorrow at school. you saved her.

Specs:
    Yep, glad I could help.

Thread Information