New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Movies and Video For people making movies and editing video with their Mac.

Sequence frame size in FCE

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

sKaD

sKaD is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 1.8GHz G5 512mb Ram

How do I make the frame size in a new sequence smaller? I have a video already and need to add text to it, but it makes a huge frame size that's bigger than my video, I want it the same size as my video so I don't have to enlarge the video losing quality..

Thanks
QUOTE Thanks
witeshark

witeshark will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: G4 1Ghz OS X 10.4.7

No expert, but here's what I found: To start you need to click on the small A button at the bottom of the viewer and choose Text This will bring up a text window in the viewer with some sample text in it. To enter your own text for a title click on the Control tab and enter your own text instead ofthe sample text. You can also alter the font, colour size etc here.
QUOTE Thanks
Wapa18

Quote:
Originally Posted by sKaD
How do I make the frame size in a new sequence smaller? I have a video already and need to add text to it, but it makes a huge frame size that's bigger than my video, I want it the same size as my video so I don't have to enlarge the video losing quality..

Thanks
from my experience, if it shows the video to be smaller than the canvas frame, then it has already made it the largest it can be without losing quality. you have to either leave it the size it is (which i know is really small) or lose quality by enlarging it to fit the canvas window.
QUOTE Thanks
sKaD

sKaD is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 1.8GHz G5 512mb Ram

I can't shrink the canvas window?

Also, Whiteshark, when you choose the little A at the bottom, choose "text" it brings it in a new window, then you have to drag it to the Sequence window (wont let you drag it onto the movie file).

So it brings me back to the problem of having too big of a sequence window/frame/canvas or whatnot. I don't want to enlarge the video, just leave it the same size it's at now but add the text to it.

It really shouldn't be this hard I even tried iMovie, but it only lets me add text before or after the clip.
QUOTE Thanks
Wapa18

so u do want the video to be small in the frame? cuz that is how it will look on a tv screen once u're done with it. it'll be a small frame with black around it. as long as u know that's what it will be, then yeah what witeshark said will work. after u've typed in whatever text you want and formatted it the way you want, then just switch back to the "video" tab in the viewer, click anywhere in that frame, and drag it down to the timeline onto a new track.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« DVD to Final Cut Pro - HOW???? | Quicktime error message? »