New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Movies and Video For people making movies and editing video with their Mac.

iTunes and mpeg4 troubles?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

ste6168

ste6168 has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: 1.5ghz Powerbook G4 17" 2gb RAM

Alright so lately I have taken to mediafork and started converting my DVD library to mpeg4 files so I can play them in iTunes and eventually through an appleTV or mac mini through an LCD. My problem here, ill try to best desrcibe it, is that when I rip a DVD using mediafork, I put it into iTunes, then go to imdb.com, save the cover, get info on the file, and add that image as the cover, OK? Well that works fine, but I have about 4 movies (or did) that I got from a freind that were already ripped as an .avi file. I then used VisualHub to convert them to .mp4 and they worked fine, UNTIL I added them to iTunes and tried to do anything. change the file name, change the cover, etc... iTunes would just freeze up and I would have to force quit, then next time I tried to view the movie, it is just all green, has no sound, and wont play in divx player, itunes, or quicktime pro...?!?!? Has anyone else had this problem? If so how can I fix it? Is it possible I need to change some settings in Visual Hub?

Please help, Thanks.... Mike
QUOTE Thanks
ste6168

ste6168 has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: 1.5ghz Powerbook G4 17" 2gb RAM

anyone? is the post too long that no one will read it?
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Shuffling Quicktime Video | Ripping DVD problem »