Specs:
    Powerbook G4
    Unhappy iDVD 6.0: DVD Players not recognizing discs
    Hi, all.

I've successfully created a project (several photo slideshows under one menu screen) in iDVD and have burned it to DVD (both DVD-R and DVD+R), but none of the DVDs (made by Sony) are recognisable in the Sony or Toshiba DVD players I have here in the USA. I'm originally from the UK, where I bought my Mac, so have selected NTSC as the output format. Admittedly, I haven't tried another make of DVD, but would that really matter?

Am I missing something? Any help would be really appreciated. Thanks!!

A Sony machine should be ok with DVD-Rs, but steer clear of +Rs. I'm assuming your DVD player is from the US.

I would say try another DVD and if that doesn't work try a different brand. I know that some guys I work with found that a Sony player would not play certain brands of disc. I don't know if you can get it in the States, but we find Verbatim to be pretty reliable.

Specs:
    Powerbook G4
    Thanks, disciple. I'll try another brand. I had already burnt 4 of the Sony DVDs... three -R and one +R, to no avail.

Specs:
    Powerbook G4
    Well, I bought Verbatim single layer DVD -R discs and the problem is the same. The DVD players aren't recognising the discs... "Incorrect disc" is the message from the Toshiba DVD player. Any other helpful advice that can be offered will greatly appreciated. Thanks...

Specs:
    MacBook Pro 15.4" 2.16 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
    I have had this happen with iDVD 7.0.

I created a slide show about 1 year ago using TDK (DVD-R) discs and it plays on my MacBook Pro and my Toshiba DVD players. I just created another slideshow and when I put the DVD into my Toshiba players and into a PC, it won't play but it will play on my MacBook Pro and my Sony Blu-Ray Player.

I created this slideshow in Standard Format/High Quality. Even when I changed the quality to Professional or changed the format to Widescreen...I still get the "Incorrect Disc" message on the Toshiba players.

I'm confused as to what the problem is.
    "To all that come to this happy place: welcome. Disneyland is your land. Here age relives fond memories of the past, and here youth may savor the challenge and promise of the future."

Specs:
    2011 MBP, i7, 16GB RAM, MBP 2.16Ghz Core Duo, 2GB ram, Dual 867Mhz MDD, 1.75GB ram, ATI 9800 Pro vid
    JE, are the players designed to read such discs? Does the disc play in your Mac via DVD Player application?

To see two of you post this problem is troubling. I hope Apple hasn't messed this up some how.
    CameraTime - Time lapse photography for novice and advanced users.

When asking questions, post the version of your software. You'll receive better answers.

Please post your results to the thread as it is good feedback.

Specs:
    15" MBP, Core i7/2GHz, 8GB RAM, 480GB Crucial M500 SSD
    This has been going on as long as writable DVD discs have existed. Certain players are just picky about the media you've used. Sometimes you can get better compatibility by slowing down the burn speed. Other times, you may need to try a different brand of media or different format (i.e. DVD+R instead of DVD-R). I've personally found that TDK and Imation make more compatible media, particularly in DVD+R format.
    Liquid and computers don't mix. It might seem simple, but we see an incredible amount of people post here about spills. Keep drinks and other liquids away from your expensive electronics!

https://youtu.be/KHZ8ek-6ccc

Thread Information