New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Movies and Video For people making movies and editing video with their Mac.

iDVD Problem

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

ginga

ginga is on a distinguished road

I imported from iMovie HD (v 6.0) a series of Photos and some .avi's from a recent trip.
When I look at the Menu tree I get the message "Menu has Empty Drop Zones" - I can't work out how to edit them and clear the zones or work out what these zones are.
When I go ahead and try to burn - I get the same message - advising me to correct the fault. If I ignore this and start the burn I get a message "You are trying to burn a PAL movie to a NTSC Disk" - - strange??? - I have selected PAL in "Preferences".
iDVD begins the process and works its way through the steps - then tells me it cannot burn the DVD.
Please help.
TIA:
QUOTE Thanks
NanoBite

NanoBite is an unknown at this point

Drop Zones are little boxes in the menu where you can insert a pic. In my recent project the empty zones where actually rotating in the background and I could drag a jpg from within the project straight into this zone, which would become highlighted when I put the mouse curser inside the zone.
QUOTE Thanks
ginga

Thank you for your reply.
Yes, well I think I see them - they all have pics in them- I can move them around and if I d/click on one I get a series of photos dealing with that chapter. The message remains the same though and the alert triangle is still there???? I am most perplexed.
QUOTE Thanks
NanoBite

G'day ginga,

I've been working to sort your issues out and have had to re-create your steps by creating my own project from scratch.

I open iMovie and click on the Media Button, then the Photos button at the top of the right pane.

I then dragged random pictures from my iPhoto library to the timeline.

Next, I applied a random Theme and a black transparant rectangular Drop Zones window appeared underneath my iMovie window.

To this Drop Zone window I dragged a pic from the timeline into each of the 3 Drop Zone boxes.

I then created my Chapters and chose iDVD from Share in the menu bar

iDVD was instantly launched and I was treated to that clarinet (I think) playing away ... (as I desperately tried to silence it) I chose my Theme and clicked Keep in the Change Project Aspect Ratio window. When my theme was applied I was invited to "Drag Photos Or Movies Here", so I clicked on the media button and then the Photos button.

I dragged a photo to the left section of the iDVD window and it took up the whole background and looked quite cool. Any text in this window is also editable - one click to select and a double-click to edit.

Next I hit the play button and had the choice to play the movie or browse the Scene Selection.

So far so good...now if I had a rewriteable cd or dvd I would go ahead an test the burn process but I haven't ... well, the good news anyway is I haven't yet had any error messages...

I hope this aids you in sorting out things at your end .
QUOTE Thanks
ginga

G'day to you

Wow I appreciate the time you have put in. Your method differed to mine. I wonder if that is the root?? I simply used iMovie to collect the more than 5GB of photos and .avi's from my iPhoto library and stuck them in the timeline. I then made Chapter Markers and then I saved the project. I then clicked "Share " with iDVD and now I have problems. What do you suggest then? Or more to the point, what did I do wrong?

Appreciate your time :-) -- oy, oy, oy
QUOTE Thanks
NanoBite

Quote:
I dragged a photo to the left section of the iDVD window and it took up the whole background and looked quite cool. Any text in this window is also editable - one click to select and a double-click to edit.
Why not add something to the Drop Zone in iDVD and then see if it'll burn to a disc....
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« creating videos for youtube, google | Mac-Compatible MiniDV Cams »