New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Movies and Video For people making movies and editing video with their Mac.

Official Camera Setup Thread

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

TinyQQ

TinyQQ is on a distinguished road

you are very professional. Would you please offer me some suggestion on DC?
how about Nikon P80?
QUOTE Thanks
Mac1234

Mac1234 is on a distinguished road

Deleted

Last edited by Mac1234; 11-14-2009 at 02:06 PM.
QUOTE Thanks
217xchrisx

217xchrisx is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Macbook Pro 2.6ghz Duel Core 6GB RAM OS X 10.5.7

Sony HDR FX1
QUOTE Thanks
Benjamindaines

Benjamindaines is just really niceBenjamindaines is just really niceBenjamindaines is just really niceBenjamindaines is just really niceBenjamindaines is just really nice
Mac Specs: 17" MacBook Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by 217xchrisx View Post

Sony HDR FX1
Very nice! Does that camera have interchangeable lenses?

QUOTE Thanks
217xchrisx

217xchrisx is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Macbook Pro 2.6ghz Duel Core 6GB RAM OS X 10.5.7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benjamindaines View Post
Very nice! Does that camera have interchangeable lenses?
Yes, it does.
QUOTE Thanks
Cube1

Cube1 is on a distinguished road

Macbook Pro & Snow.......

Last edited by Cube1; 12-21-2010 at 09:34 PM.
QUOTE Thanks
GaryCooper

GaryCooper is on a distinguished road

Hey your cam looking very nice. I have no pictures now. but i will put some up when I get the chance...
QUOTE Thanks
iTz inThezone

iTz inThezone has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: Mid-2012 MBP 2.9GHz i7, 16GB RAM, 256 GB SSD not retina xD

GoPro Hero3 Black Edition
-Battery BacPac
-LCD BacPac
-Pole w/ tripod Mount
-Numerous housing doors
- 2x 32gb PNY Class 10 Micro SD cards
- 1 64gb Sandisk Class 10 Micro SD card

Canon t2i
-18-55mm
-EF 135mm
-100mm f/2.8 USM Macro
- Manfrotto Tripod
- Glidecam knock off
- FIRMWARE:::: Magic Lantern, aka, the BEST!!

QUOTE Thanks
TattooedMac

TattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 21" iMac 2.9Ghz 10.9.4 13"MBP 2.9Ghz i7 Yosemite 10.10 ~ iPhone5 iOS 8 ~ iPad Mini iOS 8 ~ ATV3 6.1

Quote:
Originally Posted by iTz inThezone View Post
GoPro Hero3 Black Edition
-Battery BacPac
-LCD BacPac
-Pole w/ tripod Mount
-Numerous housing doors
- 2x 32gb PNY Class 10 Micro SD cards
- 1 64gb Sandisk Class 10 Micro SD card

Canon t2i
-18-55mm
-EF 135mm
-100mm f/2.8 USM Macro
- Manfrotto Tripod
- Glidecam knock off
- FIRMWARE:::: Magic Lantern, aka, the BEST!!

Thanks for reviving a old, old thread

Very nice Set up there man, one for the Action and one for the still.
I have a thread going as om just getting into Photography, but shipped Monday will be a Nikon D7000 with a AF-S DX NIKKOR 18-105mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR Lens all for under $900 so im pretty stoked. Looking at getting a 35mm and a Tele Zoom for the future,.

My Brother inlaw races Quad bikes and was Aust Champion in his prime, but does the Fink Rally here and many others in between, and i was going to but a GoPro Hero 3 Black for his helmut to get a good 3 hrs of footage for the stages . . . I reckon they are a great set up and will be the Gold Standard for Action Camera's for the future.

CogFrog Studio's ~ Photography, Apps and Web Development
Dont forget to use the Reputation System if someone has helped you out !!!
Arguing with a zealot is only slightly easier than tunneling through a mountain with your forehead!!!!!
QUOTE Thanks
iTz inThezone

Quote:
Originally Posted by TattooedMac View Post
Thanks for reviving a old, old thread

Very nice Set up there man, one for the Action and one for the still.
I have a thread going as om just getting into Photography, but shipped Monday will be a Nikon D7000 with a AF-S DX NIKKOR 18-105mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR Lens all for under $900 so im pretty stoked. Looking at getting a 35mm and a Tele Zoom for the future,.

My Brother inlaw races Quad bikes and was Aust Champion in his prime, but does the Fink Rally here and many others in between, and i was going to but a GoPro Hero 3 Black for his helmut to get a good 3 hrs of footage for the stages . . . I reckon they are a great set up and will be the Gold Standard for Action Camera's for the future.
The D7000 is a fantastic camera, great choice!!

I have always had a thing for nikons, but I use canons because, 1) they are a tad cheaper, and 2) They have more firmware mods that one can do.

Also, you got a great frickin deal on that gear!
QUOTE Thanks
TattooedMac

TattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 21" iMac 2.9Ghz 10.9.4 13"MBP 2.9Ghz i7 Yosemite 10.10 ~ iPhone5 iOS 8 ~ iPad Mini iOS 8 ~ ATV3 6.1

Quote:
The D7000 is a fantastic camera, great choice!!

I have always had a thing for nikons, but I use canons because, 1) they are a tad cheaper, and 2) They have more firmware mods that one can do.

Cool well that does cement in my head that i did get the best deal then Shipped Monday and with a 16GB Eye-Fi 2x Class 10 and my sons 10th Birthday, im looking forward to playing with it and then have the .jpegs pop up on my iPad Mini, while the NEF will be on the other card to do some editing when i get home. I do love that this supports Dual Cards too . . .

1 Question though, what do you mean by Firmware Mods ?? That one can do ?? I know what Firmware is all about, but how do they have any baring on what the camera can do ?? Do they work like a Plugin to a Browser type thing ?? Giving you other/different options to shoot with ??

Arguing with a zealot is only slightly easier than tunneling through a mountain with your forehead!!!!!
QUOTE Thanks
iTz inThezone

Quote:
Originally Posted by TattooedMac View Post
Cool well that does cement in my head that i did get the best deal then Shipped Monday and with a 16GB Eye-Fi 2x Class 10 and my sons 10th Birthday, im looking forward to playing with it and then have the .jpegs pop up on my iPad Mini, while the NEF will be on the other card to do some editing when i get home. I do love that this supports Dual Cards too . . .

1 Question though, what do you mean by Firmware Mods ?? That one can do ?? I know what Firmware is all about, but how do they have any baring on what the camera can do ?? Do they work like a Plugin to a Browser type thing ?? Giving you other/different options to shoot with ??
From what I know, canon cameras have more support for mods. Magic Lantern is basically the stock operating system on steroids. Lots of cool features, and it really brings out the best from the camera. It is also available for the D7000.

Check out this link, it gives a overview of what magic lantern does.
Magic Lantern | Features
QUOTE Thanks
5tevie

5tevie is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Mac Mini Aluminium running at 2.4 GHz.

I'm not a camera buff so my cameras are pretty basic.
I have a Fujifilm A160 which cost me 8 on eBay. I also have another Fujifilm. this time an S2950. This is just a bit more advanced than the first one. It's a bit larger and has 14.0 megapixels and 18 x optical zoom and cost me 28. Third and last is an iSight camera that I won on eBay today. That was 29. Here's a link to it .... Apple isight webcam | eBay

So altogether, my cameras have cost me 65 plus another 18 paid out on eBay for 5 x 8gb micro SD cards and an SD card adapter and card reader.
Probably less than most folk pay for a single camera.

The trouble with letting people like me loose on the interweb with a debit card is that I now have the latest Mac Mini Aluminium running at 2.4 GHz with 8 GB of DDR3 RAM, 320 HDD and OS X 10.6.5 all wired up to a 70" LED screen ...... And not the faintest idea of how to use it.
QUOTE Thanks
peter122

peter122 is on a distinguished road

I read some good reviews on Canon EOS 1D X....
QUOTE Thanks
TattooedMac

Quote:
It is a good camera, but i ended up selling that and a lens, for more than i paid for it, and then bought a D7100 for under 1K . . Im really liking the feel, build and the images that are coming out of the 7100. Beautiful Camera it is

Quote:
Check out this link, it gives a overview of what magic lantern does.
Magic Lantern | Features
Ahh ok, i will have a look at them. Thanks for posting a link. I dont think ill play with it just yet anyway, but always nice to know for when i do.. Cheers

QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Streaming audio out of sync | can't import video Canon HV20 on a Macbook Pro »