New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Movies and Video For people making movies and editing video with their Mac.

Official Camera Setup Thread

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

PowerBookG4

PowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud of
Mac Specs: Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benjamindaines View Post
That is an amazing camera! Low light and no noise! My camera begs for more light all the time.
It was actually on -3db gain (true zero), no gain up, which is how I always shoot if I can (sometimes hard to shoot that way on event shoots, but even at 6db there is no noise.. however.. at 18.. the noise is rather noticeable)

My Website
Blog
I love my hosting company!
I was on the M-F honor roll for Febuary:2006
QUOTE Thanks
leecho7

leecho7 is just really niceleecho7 is just really niceleecho7 is just really niceleecho7 is just really nice
Mac Specs: Mac Pro 8 Core 2.8, 6gb Ram, 2TB HD space, Geforce 8800GT//Macbook Pro 2.16, 2gb Ram

Man, I need to get myself a 35mm adapter for my camera now. It's so hard to get the depth of field similar to that of film cameras.
Keep us posted Powerbook, I would like to see more of your works.
QUOTE Thanks
ToddG

ToddG has a brilliant futureToddG has a brilliant futureToddG has a brilliant futureToddG has a brilliant futureToddG has a brilliant futureToddG has a brilliant futureToddG has a brilliant futureToddG has a brilliant futureToddG has a brilliant futureToddG has a brilliant futureToddG has a brilliant future

leecho7 -- Are you talking about a dSLR or a movie/motion camera? DOF for a dSLR is identical to a 35mm camera using the same lens. The only difference is that most (not all) dSLR cameras also have a crop factor, so the lens sort of "zooms" more; but if you have a 5' wide DOF with a given 35mm camera using a given lens at a given aperture, then you will have the same 5' DOF when you put that lens on a digital SLR.
QUOTE Thanks
PowerBookG4

PowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud of
Mac Specs: Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.

He's talking about a video camera, similar to the one I have on my camera.

My Website
Blog
I love my hosting company!
I was on the M-F honor roll for Febuary:2006
QUOTE Thanks
leecho7

leecho7 is just really niceleecho7 is just really niceleecho7 is just really niceleecho7 is just really nice
Mac Specs: Mac Pro 8 Core 2.8, 6gb Ram, 2TB HD space, Geforce 8800GT//Macbook Pro 2.16, 2gb Ram

Heh, sorry for not clearing that up. I mean for a Panasonic AG-DVX 100A camcorder. It's a great camera that gives a good film like quality, but not nearly as good as Powerbook's setup.
QUOTE Thanks
EDIT-XTREEM

EDIT-XTREEM has a spectacular aura about

There have been no new camcorder/camera setups in the thread sice Feb 13.. does anyone have anything new?

Mac Pro (Early 2009) 8 Core 2.26 GHz, 6 GB Ram, 640 GB Drive. Dell 2408WFP.
QUOTE Thanks
fyrman22

fyrman22 has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro, Mac Mini, TV, iPhone, Nano

I got this new lens a week or so ago. Nothing too crazy just wantd some zoom and was on a tight, tight budget. Takes pretty good shots gets a little soft past 250mm mark though.

QUOTE Thanks
ZachW

ZachW is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerBookG4 View Post
PM Sent with all the information about it.

Incase anybody is interested in seeing the footage from the camera I uploaded a couple of test shots.

http://web.mac.com/lmaddalena/iWeb/S...F3D49B6C8.html
thats amazing!
QUOTE Thanks
sLux

sLux will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: Mac Mini 2.0 Ghz C2D, 2GB Ram, 160GB HDD

THIS THREAD IS AWESOME!'
I just ordered a new camera lens, i will sure show off my stuff when it comes

http://www.last.fm/user/Pjawsk/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dodger
Wow... that's just amazing. You pwn
QUOTE Thanks
sLux

sLux will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: Mac Mini 2.0 Ghz C2D, 2GB Ram, 160GB HDD

Zomg zomg, im so happy. I got my lens today! WOHOO!

Nikon D40
18-55 Kit lens
And the new wonder 18-200 mm - f/3.5-5.6 G ED-IF AF-S DX VR
Now pics

'

I love it so much

http://www.last.fm/user/Pjawsk/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dodger
Wow... that's just amazing. You pwn
QUOTE Thanks
SLC Flyfishing

SLC Flyfishing is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Macbook (black) 2.0 ghz CTD/2gb RAM. iPod Nano Gen 1 (4 GB)

Just found this thread and I too think it's awesome. Some of you have some amazing gear; here's mine.

My baby: Pentax K10D DSLR, 10 megapixels, weather and dust sealed body, in body image stabilization. It's a 28-200 mm F4-5.6 lens attached.

My other lenses: 18-55 mm F3.5-5.6, 50 mm F1.4, and a 80-200 mm F4 macro. And assorted filters. There's also an AF-540-FGZ flash unit on the right, it's a guide number 148 and it's wireless capable even without a second unit mounted on the camera.

My film gear, a Pentax PZ-20 SLR with a 28-80 F3.5 lens (the others fit this rig too.) and an IQZoom 115G point and shoot.

My entire DSLR setup!

A shot of the back of the DSLR!

My vintage cameras, two are over 100 years old and the smallest one is a WWII era model. (We mostly collect these but we do shoot with them once in a while when we can track down film.)

Finally my editing software, Adobe CS3 Design Premium, and Adobe Lightroom. Both free direct from Adobe themselves.

SLC
QUOTE Thanks
Benjamindaines

Benjamindaines is just really niceBenjamindaines is just really niceBenjamindaines is just really niceBenjamindaines is just really niceBenjamindaines is just really nice
Mac Specs: 17" MacBook Pro

Looking to get one of these....

Info here

QUOTE Thanks
kaidomac

kaidomac is just really nicekaidomac is just really nicekaidomac is just really nicekaidomac is just really nice
Mac Specs: G4 Cube

(2) Nikon D70s dSLR cameras (18-70mm zoom & 50mm prime plus macro extension tubes)
Panasonic DMC-LX2K (10mp widescreen point-and-shoot)
Sony HDR-HC7 1080i HD MiniDV camcorder

My wife is a part-time photographer, hence the D70s cams. Those are my favorite, the ergonomics fit my hand like a glove I just replaced my Canon A75 with the Panasonic LX2 (from 3.2mp to 10mp lol). It's a little on the grainy side at times, but I really like it. It's got 4:3 and 16:9 modes plus video, all in a tiny little package. Here's a quick video clip of the size:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=YYii9Mt9_bg

My only complaint with the Panasonic is that the lens cover isn't integrated like most point-and-shoot cameras. I just picked up the Sony for doing various video projects; I can't believe how small that is either. It's a beast for it's size though

Mac Sites - down for reconstruction
QUOTE Thanks
thedood

thedood has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro 15". 2.4GHz. - 2GB RAM. - 60GB HD@7200 rpm.

Hi everyone.

When I am not carrying a Sony900HDCA for NBC news, I shoot leisure video with a Canon XL2.

Basic gear set up specs are as follows;

XL2 - 16:9 and 4:3 aspect ratio shooting formats.
20x zoom XL 5.4-108mm L IS.
Manfrotto Sticks 501,525 PKIT.
7" LCD Monitor. 16:9 / 4:3. USB . Video/Audio, in.
2 x Headphones Con.
Senheiser HD201.
Pelican Case.

My digital stills photography is pretty lame. I use a simple Canon PowerShot S5 IS.

NABET - CWA <the union label.
QUOTE Thanks
Benjamindaines

Benjamindaines is just really niceBenjamindaines is just really niceBenjamindaines is just really niceBenjamindaines is just really niceBenjamindaines is just really nice
Mac Specs: 17" MacBook Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by dacameraman View Post
Hi everyone.

When I am not carrying a Sony900HDCA for NBC news, I shoot leisure video with a Canon XL2.

Basic gear set up specs are as follows;

XL2 - 16:9 and 4:3 aspect ratio shooting formats.
20x zoom XL 5.4-108mm L IS.
Manfrotto Sticks 501,525 PKIT.
7" LCD Monitor. 16:9 / 4:3. USB . Video/Audio, in.
2 x Headphones Con.
Senheiser HD201.
Pelican Case.

My digital stills photography is pretty lame. I use a simple Canon PowerShot S5 IS.
What do you do with it?

QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Streaming audio out of sync | can't import video Canon HV20 on a Macbook Pro »