New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Movies and Video For people making movies and editing video with their Mac.

Official Camera Setup Thread

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

ToddG

ToddG has a brilliant futureToddG has a brilliant futureToddG has a brilliant futureToddG has a brilliant futureToddG has a brilliant futureToddG has a brilliant futureToddG has a brilliant futureToddG has a brilliant futureToddG has a brilliant futureToddG has a brilliant futureToddG has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerBookG4 View Post
when i shoot stuff i use a boom.
When I shoot stuff, I make a boom.

(sorry, couldn't resist)
QUOTE Thanks
EDIT-XTREEM

EDIT-XTREEM has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
my set up

its still undercontruction, more parts are coming in soon, but thats where its at now.. the image quality is amazing.. that mic is just for show for the picture.. when i shoot stuff i use a boom.
Nice!! What is the monitor?

Mac Pro (Early 2009) 8 Core 2.26 GHz, 6 GB Ram, 640 GB Drive. Dell 2408WFP.
QUOTE Thanks
PowerBookG4

PowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud of
Mac Specs: Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.

16x9 varizoom tft.

I need it because the redrock 35mm adapter inverts all images so you need a monitor that can invert them back while you are shooting. Its actually a great set up, i just got a battery for the monitor, so the big ugly cord is no longer on the camera.

My Website
Blog
I love my hosting company!
I was on the M-F honor roll for Febuary:2006
QUOTE Thanks
EDIT-XTREEM

Quote:
16x9 varizoom tft.

I need it because the redrock 35mm adapter inverts all images so you need a monitor that can invert them back while you are shooting. Its actually a great set up, i just got a battery for the monitor, so the big ugly cord is no longer on the camera.
What is the res on that monitor? D oyou flip the footage back in Final Cut?

QUOTE Thanks
RNDdave

RNDdave is a jewel in the roughRNDdave is a jewel in the roughRNDdave is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: Alu MacBook | iPod Classic | iPod Shuffle | iPad2 (3G)

I am ashamed to say I wouldn't even know how to use most of those toys!

I have my simple little Acer digi-cam - which I can use - but it is nothing special.

Oh and I took the pic of my camera with my SonyEricsson k800i which I think is one of the best phones I have ever owned - in fact it is THE best phone I have ever owned - the only feature that was better on something else was the Walkman related stuff of my w800i but the camera on this is great and in the right conditions it can be used to catch some great images!
Attached Images
File Type: gif 248231189_2f681570d0_o.gif (7.4 KB, 13 views)
QUOTE Thanks
EDIT-XTREEM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RNDdave View Post
I am ashamed to say I wouldn't even know how to use most of those toys!
Don't Worry! Everyone learns how to use new stuff!

QUOTE Thanks
PowerBookG4

PowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by EDIT-XTREEM View Post
What is the res on that monitor? D oyou flip the footage back in Final Cut?
The resolution is 1440X240 / 480X240 lines

Yes you have to flip the image back in final cut. There is no quality loss though, it looks great. I will post a screen shot soon, planning on shooting a short film with it in a couple months as part of a competition in new york.

My Website
Blog
QUOTE Thanks
Benjamindaines

Benjamindaines is just really niceBenjamindaines is just really niceBenjamindaines is just really niceBenjamindaines is just really niceBenjamindaines is just really nice
Mac Specs: 17" MacBook Pro

Quote:
16x9 varizoom tft.

Now when you say invert are we talking colors or a mirror image?

QUOTE Thanks
PowerBookG4

mirror image.. sorry I should have been more clear.

My Website
Blog
QUOTE Thanks
leecho7

leecho7 is just really niceleecho7 is just really niceleecho7 is just really niceleecho7 is just really nice
Mac Specs: Mac Pro 8 Core 2.8, 6gb Ram, 2TB HD space, Geforce 8800GT//Macbook Pro 2.16, 2gb Ram

Nice PowerbookG4! How much have you invested in that setup so far? I know the 35mm adapter costs a good left nut or two.
I have a Panasonic AG-DVX100A, with a Sennheiser MK66 Mic kit. The 35mm adapter is about $10k for my camera. Will try to post up pics once I'm not so lazy to drag out my craptacular still photo camera.

Bismillah ihr Rhman ihr Raheem

The only way to truly learn and gain experience is from making mistakes.
Thats why I'm a friggin genius.
QUOTE Thanks
PowerBookG4

Quote:
Originally Posted by leecho7 View Post
Nice PowerbookG4! How much have you invested in that setup so far? I know the 35mm adapter costs a good left nut or two.
I have a Panasonic AG-DVX100A, with a Sennheiser MK66 Mic kit. The 35mm adapter is about $10k for my camera. Will try to post up pics once I'm not so lazy to drag out my craptacular still photo camera.
It costs a good amount of money, so far its a little over 10k but before the film festival I am entering it will be a little over 20 (steady cam, jib, a few more lenses, and a firestore drive)

My Website
Blog
QUOTE Thanks
Benjamindaines

Benjamindaines is just really niceBenjamindaines is just really niceBenjamindaines is just really niceBenjamindaines is just really niceBenjamindaines is just really nice

Quote:
It costs a good amount of money, so far its a little over 10k but before the film festival I am entering it will be a little over 20 (steady cam, jib, a few more lenses, and a firestore drive)
You better win with that kind of money going into it

QUOTE Thanks
PowerBookG4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benjamindaines View Post
You better win with that kind of money going into it
Well actually, we have alot more going into it. We have 10 macs which include 5 imacs c2ds a mac pro, a quad g5, a mabook pro, a powerbook, and a macbook. and 2 of those cameras... then the talent we have behind the equipment is unmatched. We are going to create an entire 8 minute movie in less then 48 hours.

My Website
Blog
QUOTE Thanks
Benjamindaines

Quote:
Well actually, we have alot more going into it. We have 10 macs which include 5 imacs c2ds a mac pro, a quad g5, a mabook pro, a powerbook, and a macbook. and 2 of those cameras... then the talent we have behind the equipment is unmatched. We are going to create an entire 8 minute movie in less then 48 hours.
Awesome

QUOTE Thanks
PowerBookG4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benjamindaines View Post
Awesome
Its going to be alot of fun, if you are going to be in the new york area in april or june you should check it out... or if you wan to get a team together in a major city near you let me know, i'll send you the info in a pm.

My Website
Blog
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Streaming audio out of sync | can't import video Canon HV20 on a Macbook Pro »