New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Movies and Video For people making movies and editing video with their Mac.

iPhoto for Videos!

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Mike.Bowden

Mike.Bowden is an unknown at this point
Mac Specs: MPH: 3.5Ghz i7 | MPS: 2.66Ghz Xeon | iPhone 4S | iPad 2 | MacBook 13"

Ok I've searched and searched and can't seem to find what I'm looking for, so I'm going to ask here.

Is there an iPhoto type application to import and view my videos? I don't care about editing or building dvd's (iMovie) I just want to import them and have them in a viewable window like iPhoto does for my pictures....

Anyone know of an app that will do this?
QUOTE Thanks
NanoBite

NanoBite is an unknown at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeb2204 View Post
Ok I've searched and searched and can't seem to find what I'm looking for, so I'm going to ask here.

Is there an iPhoto type application to import and view my videos? I don't care about editing or building dvd's (iMovie) I just want to import them and have them in a viewable window like iPhoto does for my pictures....

Anyone know of an app that will do this?
Are you aware of the inbuilt feature where if you view your Movies folder in Column view and then highlight one of them, that a preview of that movie appears in the next column which you can watch. You are also able to resize this preview column by dragging on the double score at the bottom of the didvider....

I find this extremely useful for managing my home videos.
QUOTE Thanks
Mike.Bowden

Mac Specs: MPH: 3.5Ghz i7 | MPS: 2.66Ghz Xeon | iPhone 4S | iPad 2 | MacBook 13"

Yeah I knew about that and I don't have a problem using that.

But still need to import them in from my dv cam.

Would still like an app to handle everything, but if I can get a free importer and view and manage them that way, then that will work.
QUOTE Thanks
NanoBite

I see what you mean....I can't find a standalone app but was thinking along the lines of Automator?
QUOTE Thanks
D3v1L80Y

D3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: MacBook

Why don't you just use iPhoto? You can import and store and sort video files using iPhoto. If you want to preview them, QuickTime Player will open a separate window to view them.
Attached Images
File Type: png Picture 1.png (132.4 KB, 8 views)

mac: a waterproof raincoat made of rubberized fabric
MAC: a data communication protocol sub-layer, also known as the Media Access Control
Mac: a brand name which covers several lines of personal computers designed, developed, and marketed by Apple Inc.

QUOTE Thanks
Mike.Bowden

I would use iPhoto but it doesn't import from my dv cam, unless I'm missing something?
QUOTE Thanks
NanoBite

Are you using FireWire?
QUOTE Thanks
Mike.Bowden

Yep, I was told that USB wouldn't work at all.
QUOTE Thanks
NanoBite

When you connect your DV and launch iMovie, is your camera recognised?

I checked out iPhoto and it appears that only digital cameras are supported as per this info on Apple's website:

http://www.apple.com/macosx/upgrade/cameras.html

While browsing iPhoto's help file I was taken to this webpage directly from a link in the help files.
QUOTE Thanks
Mike.Bowden

Yeah, iMovie works great. But I want to be able to manage them through something like iPhoto and not through a single file in iMovie.
QUOTE Thanks
NanoBite

http://mac.softpedia.com/get/Multime...ayMovies.shtml

This app is for PPC but maybe you could run it under Rosetta...
QUOTE Thanks
jpetretti

as far as importing dv...you can import directly into quicktime pro. I forget how you do it, but I think it was on apple's website last week in their tips and tricks area. Or I'm sure you can just google it.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Subtitle | Make VLC borderless »