New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus • Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts • Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Movies and Video For people making movies and editing video with their Mac.

AC3 Codec Question

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

kman445

kman445 is just really nicekman445 is just really nicekman445 is just really nicekman445 is just really nice
Mac Specs: 27" 5k imac i7, 295x

alright, i have some files in avi format with the AC3 audio codec, and i can't play anysound in quicktime. i have installed the Div z codec, and i found an ac3 codec for quicktime, but i dunno how to install it into quicktime, i tried judt draggin into the same folder as the rest of the components and it still didnt work,, any help would be apreciated

kamn445

"I asked who i am to her, and she yelled god"
QUOTE Thanks
spaceage tech

spaceage tech is an unknown at this point
Mac Specs: MBP 1.83ghz/1.5gb RAM/ Superdrive/ 1 TERAbyte of storage on firewire and a 22" Viewsonic LCD

Yeah, I wish I could get somehelp on this but I really am starting to think that other than the switcher forum, this whole site isnt alot of help. I've asked a couple of... more complex questions and only gotten crickets and silence in return. Google is your friend.
QUOTE Thanks
cradom

cradom has a brilliant futurecradom has a brilliant futurecradom has a brilliant futurecradom has a brilliant futurecradom has a brilliant futurecradom has a brilliant futurecradom has a brilliant futurecradom has a brilliant futurecradom has a brilliant futurecradom has a brilliant futurecradom has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 13in macbook - 10.10.1

Try here: http://www.mactcp.org.nz/quicktime/
Bottom of page, has instructions in readme file.

Craig Domingue - resident redneck.
“Never argue with an idiot. He will only bring you down to his level and beat you with experience.”, George Carlin
QUOTE Thanks
trpnmonkey41

trpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to behold
Mac Specs: 20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano

Quote:
Originally Posted by spaceage tech
Yeah, I wish I could get somehelp on this but I really am starting to think that other than the switcher forum, this whole site isnt alot of help. I've asked a couple of... more complex questions and only gotten crickets and silence in return. Google is your friend.
http://www.mac-forums.com/forums/sea...=spaceage+tech

I don't see any complex questions where you are getting Crickets and silence?

Don't forget to use the new User Reputation System
QUOTE Thanks
NanoBite

NanoBite is an unknown at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by kman445
alright, i have some files in avi format with the AC3 audio codec, and i can't play anysound in quicktime. i have installed the Div z codec, and i found an ac3 codec for quicktime, but i dunno how to install it into quicktime, i tried judt draggin into the same folder as the rest of the components and it still didnt work,, any help would be apreciated

kamn445
http://www.thexlab.com/faqs/avidivx.html

Make sure any codecs you download are either universal or for intel macs
QUOTE Thanks
kman445

kman445 is just really nicekman445 is just really nicekman445 is just really nicekman445 is just really nice
Mac Specs: 27" 5k imac i7, 295x

Quote:
Originally Posted by spaceage tech View Post
i have found this forum to be VERY helpfull, every question i have asked has been answered, i understand some people dont like all these stupid questions, but everyone starts to learn from somewhere.

thnx cradom, and Pulse-8

Kman

"I asked who i am to her, and she yelled god"
QUOTE Thanks
spaceage tech

spaceage tech is an unknown at this point
Mac Specs: MBP 1.83ghz/1.5gb RAM/ Superdrive/ 1 TERAbyte of storage on firewire and a 22" Viewsonic LCD

**deleted** nothing worth saving.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Black stripes around movie while playing DVD on MacBook Pro | iMovie HD Requirements??? »