csabot
    Help burning authored DVD in Toast 6
    Hi - I recently authored a DVD in Apple DVD Studio Pro 2.0 and built it to my hard disk - so I have the Video-TS folder. I would like to burn it using toast (can't burn from DVDSP 2.0 because burner is external firewire and isn't suppported) - I have burnt DVDs using toast 5, but I'm not sure how to do it in Toast 6. Do I select the "Video" tab and drag my video-ts folder into it? I have my own menus built and don't want Toast to do anything. Or do I make a DVD-ROM - toast help is remarkably unhelpful and seems to point me toward the DVD-ROM option. But I need to have this play in commercial stand-alone players.... ANy hlep would be greatly appreciated!!!

Another quick question - does anyone know a good reference book on creating DVDs - I'm finding the issues involved overwhelming - everything from different disk formats to pixel shape, etc.... I know the info is on the web but it would be nice to have it all ni one place...

Thanks Again!

Shakermaker
    Quote Originally Posted by csabot
    Hi - I recently authored a DVD in Apple DVD Studio Pro 2.0 and built it to my hard disk - so I have the Video-TS folder. I would like to burn it using toast (can't burn from DVDSP 2.0 because burner is external firewire and isn't suppported) - I have burnt DVDs using toast 5, but I'm not sure how to do it in Toast 6. Do I select the "Video" tab and drag my video-ts folder into it? I have my own menus built and don't want Toast to do anything. Or do I make a DVD-ROM - toast help is remarkably unhelpful and seems to point me toward the DVD-ROM option. But I need to have this play in commercial stand-alone players.... ANy hlep would be greatly appreciated!!!

Another quick question - does anyone know a good reference book on creating DVDs - I'm finding the issues involved overwhelming - everything from different disk formats to pixel shape, etc.... I know the info is on the web but it would be nice to have it all ni one place...

Thanks Again!
    As for a tutorial on creating DVD's there should be alot out there (Google is your friend!).

As for Toast 6 - if you want to create a DVD - use the DVD-ROM option, drag the Video_TS folder into Toast 6 and away you go.

Thread Information