diana
    imovie: even if clips deleted... file size stays the same. WHY?
    i dragged clips into imovie. then i "split video clip at playhead" to spit clips to delete the unwanted part. i see the files in the trash and delete them. but the whole filesize doesnt change. :mad: WHY? if i delete whole clips which i havent split from other clips before, it works, but not if it was part of another clip. please help.

Specs:
    15" Powerbook G4 24" iMac iPhone 3Gs
    To see changes in file size, you'll have to Relaunch the Finder.

Command+Option+Escape
    I try to Command+Shift+/ when I can.
    They're - Their - There | Two - Too - To | You're - Your | MAC - Mac
    I was on the M-F honor roll for October, 2006.

diana
    i even restarted
    Quote Originally Posted by surfwax95
    To see changes in file size, you'll have to Relaunch the Finder.

Command+Option+Escape

i even restarted my computer. it doesnt make a difference. if i go into the clips in the timeline and grap and drag to the right, the footage is still there. not the deleted clips, but the clip i took it from. it doesnt really split the clips at all. it only kind of duplicates it from where i want to split.
    HELP PLEASE.

Specs:
    2 x 3.0GHz Quad-Core, 6GB OS X 10.6.8 | 15in MacBook Pro 2.2GHz OS X 10.6.8 | 64GB iPad 2 WiFi
    Cool
    first question, you did empty the trash within the iMovie appilcation. Second it depends on the size of the clip you are trashing. If you are trashing a clip that is several seconds long, then I believe that you will not see a change. Due the was data is write to the disk. If you are deleting clip of several minutes, then you should see a change. But in some case the data file will have to be rewritten to retrieve the free up space. This is a normal situation with databases.
    Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, It's about learning to dance in the rain!

diana
    Quote Originally Posted by rman
    first question, you did empty the trash within the iMovie appilcation. Second it depends on the size of the clip you are trashing. If you are trashing a clip that is several seconds long, then I believe that you will not see a change. Due the was data is write to the disk. If you are deleting clip of several minutes, then you should see a change. But in some case the data file will have to be rewritten to retrieve the free up space. This is a normal situation with databases.

ok. thanks to one of the users i found out what the problem is (thanks aptmunich): imovie doesnt allow to trash parts of clips. even when splitted, the split part ll still stay in the other clip. the only possibility is to export it. now my new question: which are the best settings to export from imovie in highest quality (in europe)?
    thanks for any help on that.

Thread Information