New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Movies and Video For people making movies and editing video with their Mac.

Weird iMovie problem

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Sexy Patrol

Sexy Patrol is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: '09 8-core MacPro | '12 MBA | iPad 2 16GB | iPhone 5C 16GB

I'm working on a project on iMovie right now and I'm taking all the clips and once I've touched them up a bit I'm adding the "Letterbox" effect to them to give them the widescreen effect. However, just now when I went to render a selection of clips with the Letterbox effect when they finished they went white, as if the brightness was turned all the way up. But the slider itself under the "Brightness" selection on the effect list hadn't moved. Anybody experience this before and know a solution? Thanks, I appreciate it!
QUOTE Thanks
Aptmunich

Aptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2

Do they only do this when playing fullscreen? Can you see the clips in the normal editing window?

Also: Try exporting the affected clips as a DV film and re-import it. That's solved a lot of iMovie weirdness for me before.

Btw: Does this version seem really buggy in comparison to the older ones, or is it just me? Very stable, but has lots of quirks.
QUOTE Thanks
Sexy Patrol

Sexy Patrol is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: '09 8-core MacPro | '12 MBA | iPad 2 16GB | iPhone 5C 16GB

Hm, it's fine now. That was a really weird little glitch. Yeah they were white in the editing screen and the little images on the clips themselves were white as well. So it definitely tweaked something. But I restarted my PB and then went back to work editing and it worked fine, so I don't get what was up with that. Thanks for the reply though Aptmunich, I appreciate the help.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« No sound on certain video files | Video - What kind of material »