New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Movies and Video For people making movies and editing video with their Mac.

Problem with Toast...

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

lewistyler

After I installed Toast, I DESELECTED the option that told Toast to open whenever a CD or DVD is loaded.

However, Toast will still open when I put in a blank DVD and when I using iDVD, if I quit Toast, it will automatically eject the disc so I have to keep Toast open to do any CD/DVD burning. Any ideas?
QUOTE Thanks
dtravis7

dtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: iMac 2.4 C2D 10.9.4, iMac 2.16 C2d 10.6.8, Macbook2007 10.8.4, Mac Mini 10.8.4, iPhone 3GS Note 8!!

Is this Toast 7? What Mac are you using? I have never had that happen here. Will check the Toast settings and see what I can find.
QUOTE Thanks
puaerotch

puaerotch is a glorious beacon of lightpuaerotch is a glorious beacon of lightpuaerotch is a glorious beacon of lightpuaerotch is a glorious beacon of lightpuaerotch is a glorious beacon of lightpuaerotch is a glorious beacon of light
Mac Specs: iBook G4 OSX Tiger

You might also want to check in System Preferences. Under CDs & DVDs, it will give you options on what to do when you insert blank DVDs. If it is set to open Toast in there, change it to what you want it to do.
QUOTE Thanks
lewistyler

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtravis7
Is this Toast 7? What Mac are you using? I have never had that happen here. Will check the Toast settings and see what I can find.
Toast 7.1 Titanium on a Macbook Pro. I've gone through the setup for Toast and deselected that option and it's still doing it. weird...
QUOTE Thanks
lewistyler

Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelstumpf
You might also want to check in System Preferences. Under CDs & DVDs, it will give you options on what to do when you insert blank DVDs. If it is set to open Toast in there, change it to what you want it to do.
Yeah, forgot about this option. I'm currently burning a dvd but will check it once it's done. It was set to open Toast so I selected "Ask Me What To Do"

I'm still getting used to my Macbook after a lifetime of PCs, but I am loving it. Thanks guys!
QUOTE Thanks
dtravis7

dtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: iMac 2.4 C2D 10.9.4, iMac 2.16 C2d 10.6.8, Macbook2007 10.8.4, Mac Mini 10.8.4, iPhone 3GS Note 8!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelstumpf
good one Michael. I am still half asleep I guess. I should have thought of that one! Good job. My Toast has never done that though. I just said no when installing.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« how to connect Sony DCR-DVD305 to iMac? | mpeg4 clip on web won't play »