lewistyler
    Problem with Toast...
    After I installed Toast, I DESELECTED the option that told Toast to open whenever a CD or DVD is loaded.

However, Toast will still open when I put in a blank DVD and when I using iDVD, if I quit Toast, it will automatically eject the disc so I have to keep Toast open to do any CD/DVD burning. Any ideas?

Specs:
    iMac 2010 27" QuadI7 OS10.12, iMac 2008 OSX10.11, MBP Late2011OS10.12 , iPad Air, iPhone 3GS
    Is this Toast 7? What Mac are you using? I have never had that happen here. Will check the Toast settings and see what I can find.

Specs:
    iBook G4 OSX Tiger
    You might also want to check in System Preferences. Under CDs & DVDs, it will give you options on what to do when you insert blank DVDs. If it is set to open Toast in there, change it to what you want it to do.

lewistyler
    Quote Originally Posted by dtravis7
    Is this Toast 7? What Mac are you using? I have never had that happen here. Will check the Toast settings and see what I can find.
    Toast 7.1 Titanium on a Macbook Pro. I've gone through the setup for Toast and deselected that option and it's still doing it. weird...

lewistyler
    Quote Originally Posted by michaelstumpf
    You might also want to check in System Preferences. Under CDs & DVDs, it will give you options on what to do when you insert blank DVDs. If it is set to open Toast in there, change it to what you want it to do.
    Yeah, forgot about this option. I'm currently burning a dvd but will check it once it's done. It was set to open Toast so I selected "Ask Me What To Do"

I'm still getting used to my Macbook after a lifetime of PCs, but I am loving it. Thanks guys!

Specs:
    iMac 2010 27" QuadI7 OS10.12, iMac 2008 OSX10.11, MBP Late2011OS10.12 , iPad Air, iPhone 3GS
    Quote Originally Posted by michaelstumpf
    good one Michael. I am still half asleep I guess. I should have thought of that one! Good job. My Toast has never done that though. I just said no when installing.

Thread Information