No audio on video in iDVD
    I just got a MacBook and am trying to turn some old miniDV tapes into DVD's. I used iMovie to get the movie off of my miniDV camcorder with a firewire cable. Then I used iMovie to do a little editing and clicked Share>iDVD. It transferred the movie to iDVD without any trouble, it had the chapters and I added a slideshow. When I burned the final iDVD project to disk, the audio during the movie is gone. The songs I added to the menus and the slideshow are fine, but there is no sound during the movie that came from iMovie. What am I doing wrong?

Specs:
    2GHz Mac Mini 2GB RAM 160GB 10.6.2 | MDD DP 1.25GHz G4 1.5GB RAM 10.4.11 | 233MHz iMac G3 10.3.9
    find out if you need to extract the audio

Specs:
    2 x 3.0GHz Quad-Core, 6GB OS X 10.6.8 | 15in MacBook Pro 2.2GHz OS X 10.6.8 | 64GB iPad 2 WiFi
    Cool
    I don't know if this makes a differences or not, but I don't export/share my movie. I just open up iDVD an import the move from iMovie. I just locate the iMovie project file and it reads it in. As for extracting the sound, I don't think you need too.

Also I assume that when you share/export the movie you hear the sound in the quicktime movie file, when you play it?
    Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, It's about learning to dance in the rain!

Everything runs fine when I test the playback of the completed thing in iDVD. hmmm

Specs:
    iBook
    do you mean you can hear the audio in idvd, have you tried it on a tv? anyone know how idvd compresses the audio for a dvd?

Well the dvd wouldnt even play on my tv dvd player but that could be just that my dvd player has a lot of problems so im not concerned about that. But the dvd is lacking the movie audio when i play it on the computer in 'dvd player' and when I burned the project to a disk image it had the same problem.

Thread Information