New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Movies and Video For people making movies and editing video with their Mac.

dvd burning help

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

garrettking

garrettking is on a distinguished road

i'm running osx tiger, and need some help putting video files on dvd. these files are set up in a weird way, but i believe they're exactly the format that they are on dvd. there are lots of files with names like

vts_01_0.bup

vts_01_0.vob

vts_01_0.ifo

some of them can be played in VLC, others cannot. i know there's something about needing to create a disc image to make it a dvd that you can watch on a dvd pllayer, but i don't know where to start. i would appreciate any help.
QUOTE Thanks
Books

Books is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: PowerMac G5 Dual 2.0

are they in a folder called video_ts?

If so, you can just burn the folder using Toast and if not...you might just be able to put the files into a folder called VIDEO_TS.

QUOTE Thanks
garrettking

garrettking is on a distinguished road

yeah they are in a folder called video_ts. i do have toast, but the only problem is i had to reformat my hard drive and i lost my cd key for toast 7. do you have one i can use?

and if i use toast and just burn the folder called video_ts, it will be playable on most dvd players?
QUOTE Thanks
dtravis7

dtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: iMac 2.4 C2D 10.9.1, iMac 2.16 C2d 10.6.8, Macbook2007 10.8.4, Mac Mini 10.8.4, iPhone 3GS IPad1

Did you purchase Toast online at Roxio and did they Email you your key? If so, I would send them an Email or log into their site and try to retrive your key. It's illegal to for anyone here to share their key with you.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Can't run iDVD's on a normal DVD Player | Mini DVDs and MACs »