New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Movies and Video For people making movies and editing video with their Mac.

Video cameras

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

rman

rman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud of
Mac Specs: 2 x 3.0GHz Quad-Core, 6GB OS X 10.6.8 | 15in MacBook Pro 2.2GHz OS X 10.6.8 | 64GB iPad 2 WiFi

I am in the market for digital video camera. Any suggestions on what I should get?

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, It's about learning to dance in the rain!
QUOTE Thanks
Emrys

Emrys is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 17" iMac G4 800MHz 1GB RAM

I have the JVC GR-520u?. It is a nice camera. The quality of the video that comes into the Mac is pretty good. I will try and get a sample up for you. It isn't really high end, but it does what it needs to. Pretty light, and quiet. Supports firewire as well, which is a must with DV. I think most of the newer cameras have firewire.

Emrys
Community Administrator / Moderator
MAC-FORUMS.COM - The Ultimate Source For Your Mac!
QUOTE Thanks
rman

rman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud of
Mac Specs: 2 x 3.0GHz Quad-Core, 6GB OS X 10.6.8 | 15in MacBook Pro 2.2GHz OS X 10.6.8 | 64GB iPad 2 WiFi

Thanx for your suggestion.

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, It's about learning to dance in the rain!
QUOTE Thanks
AstralZenith

IMO - dont put alot of money in the microphone, spend it on higher res
QUOTE Thanks
rman

Good thought

QUOTE Thanks
rman

Now that I have received my income tax refund. I have narrowed the camera search down to
Canon ZR 70 MC.

QUOTE Thanks
Emrys

Wow, nice looking camera...

Emrys
QUOTE Thanks
MacAddikt

MacAddikt is a glorious beacon of lightMacAddikt is a glorious beacon of lightMacAddikt is a glorious beacon of lightMacAddikt is a glorious beacon of lightMacAddikt is a glorious beacon of lightMacAddikt is a glorious beacon of light
Mac Specs: G52x1.81.53208x+/-

i like the ease of the JVC's. Sony makes a great camera, but they put too many unneeded features in their cameras, and the effects are kinda a waste. i would rather edit it in Final Cut Pro or iMovie, cause at least then if i screw up i still have the video footage saved.

QUOTE Thanks
rman

Now I am torn between the Canon ZR 70 MC.

and

DCR-TRV38 MiniDV Handycam

QUOTE Thanks
rman

I am now back to the Canon. I looked at the pricegrapper site, for price comparisons.
Found a couple I liked, but after I read some of the reviews, I am now having second
thoughts on buying over thye internet. Any suggestions on reliable sites? Also the
money I save, I hope to get a bigger disk drive or Final Cut Pro 4.

QUOTE Thanks
MacAddikt

MacAddikt is a glorious beacon of lightMacAddikt is a glorious beacon of lightMacAddikt is a glorious beacon of lightMacAddikt is a glorious beacon of lightMacAddikt is a glorious beacon of lightMacAddikt is a glorious beacon of light
Mac Specs: G52x1.81.53208x+/-

ebay is reliable if they have a high seller rating. Apple's online store is probably reliable, however i doubt youll find a steal of a deal there

QUOTE Thanks
rman

Okay, I am ready to buy now. I have narrowed my search to
the Canon Optura 20.

QUOTE Thanks
rman

I have purchased a Canon Optura 20, with a 128 mb security card.
This is a sweet little camera. Hopefully in the next couple of days
I will be able to work with it, if the honey do's don't get in the way.

QUOTE Thanks
Emrys

Cool. Where'd you buy it from?

Emrys
QUOTE Thanks
rman

I ended up getting it at Best Buy. Not for the cost, I just did not feel comfortable getting it on-line.

QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Video Capture with Formac | DVD Recorders and my iMac »