New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Movies and Video For people making movies and editing video with their Mac.

Alternative to After Effects

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

magic_paul

I've just been informed that After Effects does not work properly with the new Intel Mac's yet, and that it will run very slow. Does anyone know of any good alternatives that will run properly on a new Intel Mac?
QUOTE Thanks
sarahsboy18

sarahsboy18 is just really nicesarahsboy18 is just really nicesarahsboy18 is just really nicesarahsboy18 is just really nice
Mac Specs: Mac Pro, 8-Core 2.8Ghz, 10GB RAM, 2x1TB HDDs, iPod U2 Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic_paul
I've just been informed that After Effects does not work properly with the new Intel Mac's yet, and that it will run very slow. Does anyone know of any good alternatives that will run properly on a new Intel Mac?
There is no alternative to AE... this program was written by God and that's all there is to it. :black:

Apple Motion is decent for alot of the graphics and animation things you normally would use AE for... if you have a fast enough machine. Apple Shake is an unbelievable program for the compositing side if you don't mind the rough learning curve on it. I think Avid has a program they were trying to pit against AE but I don't believe it was for Mac.

Basically you're not going to replace AE... it's a staple of the industry. Whatever the problems are with the Intel Macs I'm sure they will be corrected as soon as possible.

"If you had a friend who was a tightrope walker, and you were walking down a sidewalk, and he fell, that would be completely unacceptable." -Mitch Hedberg
QUOTE Thanks
seinman

I've tried several of the "alternatives" to AE, but none of them actually are. Sadly, Intel Mac owners like myself are stuck dual booting to windows to use AE until the next version comes out.
QUOTE Thanks
magic_paul

Devastated!

I've used combustion before which is rather good but I very much doubt that will run on an Intel Mac either.
QUOTE Thanks
snow_happy

snow_happy is an unknown at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic_paul
Devastated!

I've used combustion before which is rather good but I very much doubt that will run on an Intel Mac either.
What about Quark? Apple just dropped the price down to 500 from 3000 or something
QUOTE Thanks
magic_paul

Quote:
Originally Posted by snow_happy
What about Quark? Apple just dropped the price down to 500 from 3000 or something
Isn't Quark a desk top publishing package? :confused:

But not to worry...I just bought my Dad's old G5 and got AE up and running on that!
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« AVI Files. | converting wmvs to mp4 »