New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Movies and Video For people making movies and editing video with their Mac.

Movie help

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

mattmilam

I made a movie in iMovieHD for work as a promotional piece. The movie is 640x480. When I export the movie the quicktime file looks great. When I take it into iDVD and burn my DVD it looks like crap. The images are pixelated and blurry. Why is this happening?

I have used iMovie with iDVD for photo movies and the images always have looked crisp. I figure iDVD is recompressing the movie and that is why it looks bad.

I also tried to author the DVD straight from iMovieHD using the iDVD button and it looked a little better but not the way it should. Thanks for any help.

I am using a dual 2gig G5 running OS X10.4.6.
QUOTE Thanks
Bluesmudge

Bluesmudge will become famous soon enough

How big is your file? If its too big to fit on the DVD, iDVD is probably compressing it to fit, so it would look bad.
Also make sure you are using a high quality DVD media. I suggest DVD-R, I think they are more compatable with consumer DVD palyers.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Avi? | Watching AVI's on TV »