phip900
    File Size - iMovie
    I have a movie made in imovie. I have imported the footage in one burst - 45min clip- and edited it down, emptied the trash and saved project.

But all the bits and bobs that end up on the cutting room floor are still saved in the movie, presumably so i can always revert the clip to original! How do i save so that all the superfluous stuff is a gone!?

Cheers for any help!

Rich

diana
    i have got exactely the same problem/question! please, can someone help? PLEASE...

Specs:
    Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
    Export the movie as it is to a DV stream. Re-import as new project, delete old project.

Unfortunately you'll loose a bit of flexibility though...

diana
    Quote Originally Posted by Aptmunich
    Export the movie as it is to a DV stream. Re-import as new project, delete old project.

Unfortunately you'll loose a bit of flexibility though...

thanks a lot aptmunich. ok, so i have to export it. what are the best settings to export? is it dv stream or quicktime. i thought quicktime was better quality... wrong? do you know the exact best settings? thank you soo much for your help.

Specs:
    DV Stream is the pure uncompressed video format used by your camcorder, Quicktime is a flexible video format that can use very high quality codecs that look great, but ultimately it is always compressed in some form AFAIK.

Just choose DV stream - it'll create gigantic files, but you won't loose any quality.

diana
    Quote Originally Posted by Aptmunich
    DV Stream is the pure uncompressed video format used by your camcorder, Quicktime is a flexible video format that can use very high quality codecs that look great, but ultimately it is always compressed in some form AFAIK.

Just choose DV stream - it'll create gigantic files, but you won't loose any quality.

is that dv? dvcpro? or dvcpro50? if dv, what rate? 48.000, 44.000, 32.000?
    i did a small test and exported a clip as a dv stream and the same as quicktime. the quicktime was about 100mb and the dv about 70mb. so the dv seamed to compress more though. what did i do wrong?
    thanks for your patience.

Specs:
    Hmmm, perhaps Quicktime isn't as great at compression at higher quality settings then

The DV format to use depends on what type of camera you originally used to film the material. Normally that's standard 'DV'.

diana
    thanks a lot. that really helped! have a great day, diana.

Thread Information