New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Movies and Video For people making movies and editing video with their Mac.

burning or backing up a dvd

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

tonsoffun18204

So i have a G5 Imac and i was wondering how i would be able to back up my dvds that i own to another dvd that can be played on most dvd players. I have burned a few dvds using idvd from files that i already have but i was wondering if there was a program that could just copy a dvd and put it onto a blank one. I have handbrake and mac the ripper but not sure what they are really used for. Any help would be nice and anything that is free is better
QUOTE Thanks
surfwax95

surfwax95 has much to be proud ofsurfwax95 has much to be proud ofsurfwax95 has much to be proud ofsurfwax95 has much to be proud ofsurfwax95 has much to be proud ofsurfwax95 has much to be proud ofsurfwax95 has much to be proud ofsurfwax95 has much to be proud ofsurfwax95 has much to be proud of
Mac Specs: 15" Powerbook G4 24" iMac iPhone 3Gs

Mac the Ripper is used to rip encoded DVDs to your hard drive. You'll need to burn the resulting Video_TS and Audio_TS folders to a DVD using Toast or Disk Utility. Most DVDs are more than 4.7GB though, so you'll need a compression tool like DVD2ONEX.

I try to Command+Shift+/ when I can.
They're - Their - There | Two - Too - To | You're - Your | MAC - Mac
I was on the M-F honor roll for October, 2006.
QUOTE Thanks
coach_z

coach_z is a splendid one to beholdcoach_z is a splendid one to beholdcoach_z is a splendid one to beholdcoach_z is a splendid one to beholdcoach_z is a splendid one to beholdcoach_z is a splendid one to beholdcoach_z is a splendid one to beholdcoach_z is a splendid one to behold
Mac Specs: i dont have no mac's

it is really easy actually....
first step, use the forum search function and see that this questino has been answered about one million times
number two, to follow up surfwax, go purchase toast 7 titanium from roxio.com, best burning utility out there by far and will compress for you just like dvd2one will
number three, use mactheripper

4, dont steal movies
bye
-chris

edit: sorry for being rude, but im tired of seeing these posts.

MoTM honor roll...
when?
i dont remember
QUOTE Thanks
tonsoffun18204

Quote:
Originally Posted by coach_z
it is really easy actually....
first step, use the forum search function and see that this questino has been answered about one million times
number two, to follow up surfwax, go purchase toast 7 titanium from roxio.com, best burning utility out there by far and will compress for you just like dvd2one will
number three, use mactheripper

4, dont steal movies
bye
-chris

edit: sorry for being rude, but im tired of seeing these posts.

First off i am not stealings movies, i have footage that i want to put on a dvd. I don't want to have to pay for something either since i already about this computer. I can compress the files using handbrake, just need to get it on a dvd to play on a dvd player
QUOTE Thanks
nepgunes

nepgunes is on a distinguished road

when u compressed the files in handbrake what format did u end up with, avi, mp4?

and if u are backing up dvds read surfwaxs post, pretty much sums it up, and u dont need to have toast, u can burn it thru disk utility
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« free alternatives to capturing DV onto the Mac? | avi to dvd »