New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Movies and Video For people making movies and editing video with their Mac.

DVD Studio Pro 1 and 10.9.4

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

cowbrain

cowbrain is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: MBP 2.9GHz i7, 16GB DDR, 512GB, , MB black 2.4GHz core two duo, 4GB RAM, 500gb hdd (7200 rpm) 10.6.8

Hello

Now that iDVD is no longer included with the software on a new Mackbook Pro, I am looking for a replacement.

I do all the complicated stuff in Final Cut - and then just put it on a DVD disc. So I don't need complicated disc burning software - just a pretty basic kit which will allow me to create menus and chapters and then slap the films onto it.

Seen a copy of DVD Studio Pro 1 on ebay. Is this too old to work on Mavericks? (Asked seller, but he doesn't know)

Thanks. CB

MBP 2.9GHz i7, 16GB DDR(Crucial), 512GB SSD (Crucial M550) OSX 10.9.4
Macbook black, 2.4GHz core2duo, 4GB ram, 500GB HDD(7200rpm), OS X 10.6.8
iPhone 4S
QUOTE Thanks
chscag

chscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i5, 3.2 GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 5c, 3 iPods, OS X Mavericks

First question I usually ask is: Do you still have your older copy of iDVD? If you do, it will still work in Mavericks on your new MacBook Pro. If not....

Download and install the free open source "Burn" from SourceForge. It will do all that you need with Final Cut. Of course if you want to spend some $$$, buy the latest version of Roxio Toast.
QUOTE Thanks
cowbrain

cowbrain is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: MBP 2.9GHz i7, 16GB DDR, 512GB, , MB black 2.4GHz core two duo, 4GB RAM, 500gb hdd (7200 rpm) 10.6.8

Thanks, chscag.

Re old copy of iDVD: Uhm, no, I don't think so. I think it was part of the iLife package which was already installed on my old Macbook. As far as I remember, I only got the grey OSX discs with the machine? Will root out the old box and double check, though.

Thanks for the tip re Burn. Yeah, I think I'll give that a go.
I've always enjoyed Roxio's products, but have spent every last penny getting this new MBP together and will have to tighten my belt for a few months. Toast may be a future purchase, but right now even bread seems expensive.

Thanks again.
Best wishes, CB

MBP 2.9GHz i7, 16GB DDR(Crucial), 512GB SSD (Crucial M550) OSX 10.9.4
Macbook black, 2.4GHz core2duo, 4GB ram, 500GB HDD(7200rpm), OS X 10.6.8
iPhone 4S
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« imovie 08: export still frame?? | iMovie empty of projects? »