New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Movies and Video For people making movies and editing video with their Mac.

Video Editing for iOS 10.6 (Snow Leopard)

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

ltrey33

ltrey33 is on a distinguished road

Hi everyone,

I am running a 2008 MacBook Pro on iOS 10.6 Snow Leopard.

I want to do some video editing (cutting up clips, mashing up videos, adding/removing audio, etc) but I can't use iMovie because Apple doesn't support the older releases of iMovie any longer and my system isn't compatible for the newest OS.

I am looking for a program with similar features to iMovie that will work for Snow Leopard.

Do you have suggestions? Free would be ideal, but I am willing to pay too. Any recommendations?
QUOTE Thanks
chas_m

chas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 2012 MBP, Black speakers, Black Benq second monitor, black(ish) iPhone 5s, Black 2012 iPad, etc.

I just opened my old iMovie HD (I think that was version 6.x) in Mavericks. Opens and appears to work fine.

A 2008 MacBook Pro should be capable of running at least version 9.0.9 (which I have as well -- Apple has never "overwritten" an older copy of iMovie with a newer one when they revamp it) also.

What I guess I'm saying is just use the version of iMovie that came with the machine from 2008. It will be located on your system discs that came with the MacBook Pro.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Help Importing | Need Some Video Capture/Recording Advice/Suggestions »