New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Movies and Video For people making movies and editing video with their Mac.

Need Some Video Capture/Recording Advice/Suggestions

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

jeremiiah

jeremiiah is on a distinguished road

I tend to be a bit wordy so I'll do my best to keep this short. My GF is a shrink, and she asked me to find a solution that would allow her to video/audio record some of her sessions(with client approval, of course).

Just to get her off and running, I purchased a Logitech HD Pro Webcam C920 from Amazon with a little tripod and I have her temporarily using Photo Booth(embarrassing) to record her sessions. She's likes Photo Booth because it's one button to start and one button to stop recording(still schooling her in OS X).

Here's my issue:

She needs a second camera that would record her client and the existing camera to record her simultaneously(I'll handle the editing after the fact). What software could I buy that would record two HD USB Webcam videos at the same time? Also, is there a wireless HD Webcam that would be able to suite my needs for the second camera, as opposed to buying another Logitech HD Pro Webcam C920?

Any suggestions/help would me most appreciated!

jeremiah
QUOTE Thanks
chas_m

chas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 2012 MBP, Black speakers, Black Benq second monitor, black(ish) iPhone 5s, Black 2012 iPad, etc.

Why not get two actual video cameras that have the capacity to record for hours to SD cards? You can then buy a supply of SD cards and easily load these files onto your editing computer.
QUOTE Thanks
jeremiiah

I was thinking about doing something like that. Maybe continue to use the webcam that I have and just get an actual video camera like you said.

My primary concern is my GF. She's not tech savy at all, so my solution must involve the equipment being setup in advance and only requiring her to power it on, press record, and then stop. If I got the video camera route, do you have an suggestions for an HD camera that has WiFi(so I could transfer the videos home for editing...don't want her transporting SD cards cuz something will go wrong), is easy for a non-techie to use, and is under $300?
QUOTE Thanks
jeremiiah

Just took your advice chas_m and bought this from Amazon:

Sony HDRCX330/B Video Camera with 2.7-Inch LCD

has wifi and can be remotely controlled from a computer or smartphone....thanks for the suggestion!
QUOTE Thanks
chas_m

chas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 2012 MBP, Black speakers, Black Benq second monitor, black(ish) iPhone 5s, Black 2012 iPad, etc.

Well done!
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Video Editing for iOS 10.6 (Snow Leopard) | Printing finished Videos to disc info please »