Need Some Video Capture/Recording Advice/Suggestions
    I tend to be a bit wordy so I'll do my best to keep this short. My GF is a shrink, and she asked me to find a solution that would allow her to video/audio record some of her sessions(with client approval, of course).

Just to get her off and running, I purchased a Logitech HD Pro Webcam C920 from Amazon with a little tripod and I have her temporarily using Photo Booth(embarrassing) to record her sessions. She's likes Photo Booth because it's one button to start and one button to stop recording(still schooling her in OS X).

Here's my issue:

She needs a second camera that would record her client and the existing camera to record her simultaneously(I'll handle the editing after the fact). What software could I buy that would record two HD USB Webcam videos at the same time? Also, is there a wireless HD Webcam that would be able to suite my needs for the second camera, as opposed to buying another Logitech HD Pro Webcam C920?

Any suggestions/help would me most appreciated!

jeremiah

Specs:
    Mid-2012 MBP (16GB, 1TB HD), Monoprice 24-inch second monitor, iPhone 5s 32GB, iPad Air 2 64GB
    Why not get two actual video cameras that have the capacity to record for hours to SD cards? You can then buy a supply of SD cards and easily load these files onto your editing computer.

I was thinking about doing something like that. Maybe continue to use the webcam that I have and just get an actual video camera like you said.

My primary concern is my GF. She's not tech savy at all, so my solution must involve the equipment being setup in advance and only requiring her to power it on, press record, and then stop. If I got the video camera route, do you have an suggestions for an HD camera that has WiFi(so I could transfer the videos home for editing...don't want her transporting SD cards cuz something will go wrong), is easy for a non-techie to use, and is under $300?

Just took your advice chas_m and bought this from Amazon:

Sony HDRCX330/B Video Camera with 2.7-Inch LCD

has wifi and can be remotely controlled from a computer or smartphone....thanks for the suggestion!

Specs:
    Mid-2012 MBP (16GB, 1TB HD), Monoprice 24-inch second monitor, iPhone 5s 32GB, iPad Air 2 64GB
    Well done!

Thread Information