New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus • Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts • Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Movies and Video For people making movies and editing video with their Mac.

I would like to "screenshot" a short video clip

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

timmy_toad

timmy_toad is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: MBP, iPad2 + iPhone4S

Hi all, I have been given the task of creating a DVD Video of 3 Video clips from various BBC News programs, basically I have a menu with three thumbnails to select either of the three video clips.

One of the three videos is a collection of four further video clips, between each of these four video clips I have created a transition, so it smoothly flows from one video clip to the other.

What I would like to do, is to make a short Video (or is it a screencast ?) of this Transition so that I can send it to my Friend to get his approval of what I have done for him, I can then easily change it, before I burn it to DVD and post it off to him.

I probably already have an App that can do this, but I am dammed if I know which one of my Apps can actually do it, so any suggestion would be very welcome, thanks

Tim
QUOTE Thanks
MBP17•David

MBP17•David is just really niceMBP17•David is just really niceMBP17•David is just really niceMBP17•David is just really nice
Mac Specs: MBP17 2010 8GB 2x960GB SSDs 10.9.4 • MBA11 2010 4GB 128GB 10.9.4 • TC 2TB • TV • iOS bunch

Screen Capture Tool Lite from the App Store should do the trick:

Dvid
QUOTE Thanks
bobtomay

bobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 15" MBP 2.33 C2D 256 4GB, MBA 13" i7 1.8, MB 2.0 2GB, Nano 4th, 3GS, iPad 1

QuickTime

I cannot be held responsible for the things that come out of my mouth.
In the Windows world, most everything folks don't understand is called a virus.
QUOTE Thanks
cradom

cradom has a brilliant futurecradom has a brilliant futurecradom has a brilliant futurecradom has a brilliant futurecradom has a brilliant futurecradom has a brilliant futurecradom has a brilliant futurecradom has a brilliant futurecradom has a brilliant futurecradom has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 21in iMac core2 Duo- 13in macbook - 10.9 on both

Monosnap Monosnap - powerful screenshot tool

Craig Domingue - resident redneck.
“Never argue with an idiot. He will only bring you down to his level and beat you with experience.”, George Carlin
QUOTE Thanks
timmy_toad

Quote:
Originally Posted by MBP17•David View Post
Screen Capture Tool Lite from the App Store should do the trick:
Thank you David, that worked a treat, I only wanted a short clip, so I ended up with a clip that was far too long (23mb) and wanted Editing, so I was well miffed when my Video Editing software wouldn't recognise the .mov file the screenshot program gave me.

So, despite all your fantastic help, I give up with it, he will have to accept it how it is, which I reckon is pretty good

tim
QUOTE Thanks
timmy_toad

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobtomay View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by cradom View Post
Hey chaps I didnt see your responses until later Sorry, all good stuff, I feel I should give them both a try, thanks for taking the trouble to help me

Later:- I found I already had Monosnap I found it was by far the easiest one to use of the bunch THANKS.

Later still :- in using Monosnap (very easily), I found a problem with the sound not working, a quick message to the developer soon sorted it out, so I will have sound as well as vision the next time I use MonoSnap It does the job I wanted perfectly.

Tim

Last edited by timmy_toad; 04-21-2014 at 02:32 PM.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« I would like a menu on a DVD for 3 videos ? | New Video Editor Suggestions »