New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Movies and Video For people making movies and editing video with their Mac.

Mac to iPad movie transfer?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

atp160

atp160 is on a distinguished road

Hello All,

I would like to transfer movies that I have downloaded intp VUZE (not in iTunes) onto my new iPad Air. My iTunes is 11.1.5 (5) 64 bit and my iPad is IOS 7.1. Thank you for the help.

Respectfully,
Fred
QUOTE Thanks
chscag

chscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i5, 3.2 GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 5c, 3 iPods, Yosemite

If you copy the movies from VUZE into your iTunes library, they can be synced to your new iPad Air. You don't necessarily have to download movies or other media via iTunes in order to copy them into your iTunes library. We do this all the time with home recordings so that we can sync them to iPods.
QUOTE Thanks
exncite

exncite is on a distinguished road

I posted on another page using Handbrake (that has been suggested here by others also) to convert a DVD to the HD. Then it's easily dragged into iTunes and synced to the iPad. It's very easy to do.
QUOTE Thanks
TommyB1985

TommyB1985 is on a distinguished road

Yes you should be able to import to library directly from the 'Vuze Downloads' folder that is automatically created.
QUOTE Thanks
steinr98

steinr98 is on a distinguished road

I have the same problem however I loaded my ipad using itunes on a PC, and now itunes on my mac says it has to erase everything loaded from the PC before I can sync a new movie from my mac?? any work arounds - I don't want to lose everything on my ipad!!

Last edited by steinr98; 06-27-2014 at 10:21 PM. Reason: added words
QUOTE Thanks
chscag

chscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i5, 3.2 GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 5c, 3 iPods, Yosemite

Backup everything on your iPad to either your Mac or to iCloud. Then when you sync with iTunes on your Mac (new library) you can restore from backup. You can also copy your library elsewhere before you sync. Afterward, import the movies and music into your new library on the Mac.
QUOTE Thanks
steinr98

THAT IS TOO SIMPLE- Thanks for bringing it to my attention!!!! Switching from a PC leaves me frustrated at times!!
QUOTE Thanks
TattooedMac

TattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 21" iMac 2.9Ghz 10.9.4 13"MBP 2.9Ghz i7 Yosemite 10.10 ~ iPhone5 iOS 8 ~ iPad Mini iOS 8 ~ ATV3 6.1

And as I answered you in your other thread its is possible,(How to load a movie on an iPad 2 using a mac now instead of a PC) and it won't necessarily delete your iPad, and I'm not sure why it says so, but I know it won't, because I get it all the time when I'm on a new Library, as long as you have the same Apple ID.

And please only post once on the subject so we don't get the run around from thread to thread

Cheers

Maybe a merge is needed Charlie ??

Dont forget to use the Reputation System if someone has helped you out !!!
Arguing with a zealot is only slightly easier than tunneling through a mountain with your forehead!!!!!
MoTM ☆☆☆

Last edited by TattooedMac; 06-27-2014 at 10:58 PM.
QUOTE Thanks
steinr98

To explain a bit farther- when I went to sync the new movie to the old ipad, a warning came up from itunes that stated, "If you sync this library, then you will lose your old library in the process- Do you want to continue?" or there about those words. This is why I was looking for a workaround- Thanks again!! Will only post once- but saw the same almost area and decided to jump in...
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« version 10 of iMovie and chapters | background music supplied with iMovie »