Specs:
    MBP 2011, Ipad 4, Iphone 5, Imac 21.5 2012, ipod 4thG
    Video Editing simple
    I am looking for an easy, breezy video editing program for when I take movies on my motorcycle. I have been using iMovie but I am wondering if something like "Wondershare Video Editing 2" is worth looking into? I would like to have more features in transitions. Wondershare has their program on sale for $19.99 regular $39.99. Anyone with experience with this program? Or does anyone have any recommendations?

I am not needing anything professional, I am a teacher and just do some fun video's for myself and to share with my family.

I bought an iMac to do this with as I found the screen too small with the MBP.

Thanks and Happy New Year.

Specs:
    Late 2013 27" iMac, iPad 3, iPhone 6s+, iPhone 6+, 3 iPods, El Capitan
    Looks like a nice inexpensive program as long as you don't need anything more professional. The price is right and they also have a 30 day free trial that you can test with. The trial will put a watermark on your videos though.

Specs:
    MBP 2011, Ipad 4, Iphone 5, Imac 21.5 2012, ipod 4thG
    Is there an inexpensive program that has good transitions?

Specs:
    Mid-2012 MBP (16GB, 1TB HD), Monoprice 24-inch second monitor, iPhone 5s 32GB, iPad Air 2 64GB
    Wondershare = Chinese spammers. I would not do business with them or any company that ends in "-soft" (well, except MS ... they're not my favourite but they're at least legit).

As for transitions, I'm going to tell you what the pros taught me long ago: dissolve is your best friend. Short of STAR WARS which was notable for its use of old-fashioned dissolve effects, straight dissolve is the best transition of them all and others should be VERY sparingly used. Most seem VERY gimmicky or "of their time" very quickly. It's not your transitions you should be calling attention to, it's your content.

So my advice is not to pick an editing program because it does "fancy" transitions.

Unhappy
    Seems like no one can answer your question. I was hope to get a good bunch of leads on this question. I too would love to find a program to some simple video editing for none professional use. Oh well hope some one with some good advice stumbles onto this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by chas_m View Post
    I would not do business with them or any company that ends in "-soft"
    This. I am very amused by the prevalence of obviously-shady companies with names ending in -soft and -tech.

Specs:
    Mid-2012 MBP (16GB, 1TB HD), Monoprice 24-inch second monitor, iPhone 5s 32GB, iPad Air 2 64GB
    Quote Originally Posted by sleek_white View Post
    This. I am very amused by the prevalence of obviously-shady companies with names ending in -soft and -tech.
    and -share. As in Wondershare.

Let me be clear about this: all these "shady" companies produce functional-but-fugly ports of Windows software. You can buy from them if you want, but I wouldn't trust any of them with my details any farther than I could throw them. There are plenty of resources where you can find the highest-rated converters/editors for video out there -- and unsurprisingly, Wondershare and its fugly ilk have never made the lists.

Specs:
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafsob View Post
    Seems like no one can answer your question. I was hope to get a good bunch of leads on this question. I too would love to find a program to some simple video editing for none professional use. Oh well hope some one with some good advice stumbles onto this thread.
    His question was answered -- iMovie works great for what he wants to do. The iOS version is even simpler to use than the OS X version.

If you're really dying for something else, try Shotcut for OS X or VideoBite from Adobe.

Thread Information