New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Movies and Video For people making movies and editing video with their Mac.

Video Editing simple

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

New2M

New2M is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: MBP 2011, Ipad 4, Iphone 5, Imac 21.5 2012, ipod 4thG

I am looking for an easy, breezy video editing program for when I take movies on my motorcycle. I have been using iMovie but I am wondering if something like "Wondershare Video Editing 2" is worth looking into? I would like to have more features in transitions. Wondershare has their program on sale for $19.99 regular $39.99. Anyone with experience with this program? Or does anyone have any recommendations?

I am not needing anything professional, I am a teacher and just do some fun video's for myself and to share with my family.

I bought an iMac to do this with as I found the screen too small with the MBP.

Thanks and Happy New Year.
QUOTE Thanks
chscag

chscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i5, 3.2 GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 5c, 3 iPods, Yosemite

Looks like a nice inexpensive program as long as you don't need anything more professional. The price is right and they also have a 30 day free trial that you can test with. The trial will put a watermark on your videos though.
QUOTE Thanks
New2M

New2M is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: MBP 2011, Ipad 4, Iphone 5, Imac 21.5 2012, ipod 4thG

Is there an inexpensive program that has good transitions?
QUOTE Thanks
chas_m

chas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 2012 MBP, Black speakers, Black Benq second monitor, black(ish) iPhone 5s, Black 2012 iPad, etc.

Wondershare = Chinese spammers. I would not do business with them or any company that ends in "-soft" (well, except MS ... they're not my favourite but they're at least legit).

As for transitions, I'm going to tell you what the pros taught me long ago: dissolve is your best friend. Short of STAR WARS which was notable for its use of old-fashioned dissolve effects, straight dissolve is the best transition of them all and others should be VERY sparingly used. Most seem VERY gimmicky or "of their time" very quickly. It's not your transitions you should be calling attention to, it's your content.

So my advice is not to pick an editing program because it does "fancy" transitions.
QUOTE Thanks
Rafsob

Rafsob is an unknown at this point

Seems like no one can answer your question. I was hope to get a good bunch of leads on this question. I too would love to find a program to some simple video editing for none professional use. Oh well hope some one with some good advice stumbles onto this thread.
QUOTE Thanks
sleek_white

sleek_white is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by chas_m View Post
I would not do business with them or any company that ends in "-soft"
This. I am very amused by the prevalence of obviously-shady companies with names ending in -soft and -tech.
QUOTE Thanks
chas_m

chas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 2012 MBP, Black speakers, Black Benq second monitor, black(ish) iPhone 5s, Black 2012 iPad, etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleek_white View Post
This. I am very amused by the prevalence of obviously-shady companies with names ending in -soft and -tech.
and -share. As in Wondershare.

Let me be clear about this: all these "shady" companies produce functional-but-fugly ports of Windows software. You can buy from them if you want, but I wouldn't trust any of them with my details any farther than I could throw them. There are plenty of resources where you can find the highest-rated converters/editors for video out there -- and unsurprisingly, Wondershare and its fugly ilk have never made the lists.
QUOTE Thanks
chas_m

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafsob View Post
Seems like no one can answer your question. I was hope to get a good bunch of leads on this question. I too would love to find a program to some simple video editing for none professional use. Oh well hope some one with some good advice stumbles onto this thread.
His question was answered -- iMovie works great for what he wants to do. The iOS version is even simpler to use than the OS X version.

If you're really dying for something else, try Shotcut for OS X or VideoBite from Adobe.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« SSD Corrupt | FCPX 10.1 project update problem »