New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus • Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts • Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Movies and Video For people making movies and editing video with their Mac.

The project could not be prepared for publishing because an error occurred. (-108)

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

cazbar97

cazbar97 is on a distinguished road

I have run into this error message too many times and always when I have finished my best and want to finalize the project. Then I get this error message. Anyone else get The project could not be prepared for publishing because an error occurred. (-108)

Thanks

Carol
QUOTE Thanks
bobtomay

bobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 15" MBP 2.33 C2D 256 4GB, MBA 13" i7 1.8, MB 2.0 2GB, Nano 4th, 3GS, iPad 1

There have been several threads over at the Apple forums on that error with several fixes that have worked (and not worked) in various scenarios.

Seems the first 2 are to make sure you have enough free memory (try the 'Free Memory' app available in the App Store - hit it twice, I see it often times will free up as much memory the 2nd time as it does the first) and to make sure you have enough contiguous free space (gained by defragging if necessary).

Check this thread out to see if any of the solutions will work for you - link.

I cannot be held responsible for the things that come out of my mouth.
In the Windows world, most everything folks don't understand is called a virus.
QUOTE Thanks
MightyGem

MightyGem is a jewel in the roughMightyGem is a jewel in the roughMightyGem is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: PPC Mini, 10.4.11. Intel Mini, 10.6.8. White MacBook, 10.8.5. iPhone 3GS.

Of course, you don't have to finalyze an iMovie Project. All that does is create a copy in every resolution that the Project will support, and make them available to other applications via the Media Browser. If you don't need/want this, then just Export as a Movie, or to Quicktime.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Toast 11 question | Imovie Won't Recognize New YouTube Password »