Thread: VLC Lag?

13" MBP - 2.7 Ghz, Intel Core i7, 8GB RAM.
    VLC Lag?
    I've noticed that when I'm watching long stretches of video non-stop with VLC Player (latest version), specifically in the .avi format, at least 3-4 times during a movie the video will randomly get scrambled, lag and the audio may skip for about 10 seconds -- sometimes it fixes itself and plays on, other times I have to restart VLC.

My other video app, Quicktime, doesn't seem to have this problem, but I prefer VLC. How can I resolve? Thanks.

The Republic of Neptune
    It's probably bugginess in VLC, or some other issue with your system. Without having the video ourselves to compare against, it's impossible to know. Best suggestion is to make sure VLC is up to date. Also do some basic maintenance of your system with Onyx.

If your hard drive is very full or heavily fragmented, that could be a factor as well. You can also try a different player. MPlayerX is free off the Mac App Store and is pretty good.

Please verify and include the exact model/year of your Mac and OS X version number (available from "About This Mac", then "More Info" on the Apple menu).
    Links: Onyx | EasyFind | Apple Hardware Test | How to test your hard drive | The Safe Mac Adware Removal Guide | Uninstall MacKeeper
    Lifeisabeach - Mac-Forums Member of the Month June 2009, Feb 2012, and March 2013.

Thread Information