New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Movies and Video For people making movies and editing video with their Mac.

auto launch program when connecting camera

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Whoda

Whoda is on a distinguished road

This is my first post so hello all! I've got a quad-core Mac Pro running osx 10.8.4. I record, edit and produce video with Adobe CS5.5 Master's Collection. I capture the video directly to disk from a Sony HDR FX1 to Adobe OnLocation connected via firewire. With this setup on my PC, OnLocation launches automatically as soon as I connect my camera and turn it on. On my Mac Pro, I need to manually open OnLocation. Is there a way to automate this process?

Thanks!!
QUOTE Thanks
cradom

cradom has much to be proud ofcradom has much to be proud ofcradom has much to be proud ofcradom has much to be proud ofcradom has much to be proud ofcradom has much to be proud ofcradom has much to be proud ofcradom has much to be proud ofcradom has much to be proud ofcradom has much to be proud of
Mac Specs: 21in iMac core2 Duo- 13in macbook - 10.9 on both

Look in iPhoto's preferences. Should be able to change auto-open there.
Not really sure, don't have iphoto on my macbook for some reason, did a search on Google.

Craig Domingue - resident redneck.
QUOTE Thanks
Whoda

Whoda is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by cradom View Post
Look in iPhoto's preferences. Should be able to change auto-open there.
Not really sure, don't have iphoto on my macbook for some reason, did a search on Google.
Actually, nothing launches when I connect my camera. Any program that I wish to use with it needs to be launched manually. I don't have iPhoto either.
QUOTE Thanks
bobtomay

bobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 15" MBP 2.33 C2D 256 4GB, MBA 13" i7 1.8, MB 2.0 2GB, Nano 4th, 3GS, iPad 1

Not at a Mac right now, but check in the preferences for the Image Capture app.

I cannot be held responsible for the things that come out of my mouth.
In the Windows world, most everything folks don't understand is called a virus.
QUOTE Thanks
cradom

cradom has much to be proud ofcradom has much to be proud ofcradom has much to be proud ofcradom has much to be proud ofcradom has much to be proud ofcradom has much to be proud ofcradom has much to be proud ofcradom has much to be proud ofcradom has much to be proud ofcradom has much to be proud of
Mac Specs: 21in iMac core2 Duo- 13in macbook - 10.9 on both

Only other thing I can recommend is Default Apps.
Rubicode - RCDefaultApp
I use it. Never had any problems with it. It has settings for webcams and whatnot, might work for video cameras.

Craig Domingue - resident redneck.
QUOTE Thanks
bobtomay

bobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 15" MBP 2.33 C2D 256 4GB, MBA 13" i7 1.8, MB 2.0 2GB, Nano 4th, 3GS, iPad 1

Yep - Image Capture - seems they've removed Preferences from it in 10.8.

To set your default app, need to plug in the camera.
On the sidebar, if it's not showing, click the arrow at the bottom.
This will give you the "Connecting this camera opens:"
And a drop down menu to pick a selection.

I cannot be held responsible for the things that come out of my mouth.
In the Windows world, most everything folks don't understand is called a virus.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« iMovie 7 Tutorial | De Interlacing in iMovie »