Mac Forums

Mac Forums (http://www.mac-forums.com/forums/)
-   Movies and Video (http://www.mac-forums.com/forums/movies-video/)
-   -   transferring videos from iphone 5 to imovie HD (http://www.mac-forums.com/forums/movies-video/299824-transferring-videos-iphone-5-imovie-hd.html)

Vinniecole 06-10-2013 03:01 PM

transferring videos from iphone 5 to imovie HD
 
Iv taken movies on my iphone the correct way up. When i view them in quicktime they are also the correct way up. when i transfer them into imovie HD they are now 90deg anticlockwise. Is there any reason behind this? and if so how do i sort it out?

Thanks in advance, Vinnie

chas_m 06-11-2013 01:34 AM

iMovie HD is ancient and cannot handle vertical movies. It's looking for standard horizontal formats (4:3, 16:9, that sort of thing).

Use a different video editor program or a newer iMovie.

Vinniecole 06-11-2013 12:57 PM

a ha, that makes sense! thanks for the reply.

as you can probably figure, my machine is pretty ancient too - ibook g4 running 10.4.11, so the option of a newer version of imovies is not going to work (i think)

is there any other software that i could download and use? i dont really use my laptop much, mainly to store music and photos as i use my iphone for most other things, so thats the reason why its almost a relic lol

Deckyon 06-11-2013 01:06 PM

Get iMovie for the iPhone.

Vinniecole 06-11-2013 01:56 PM

the issue with that is - i can guess is this.

As my iphone is a 5 (modern) and laptop is an ibook (literally an O.A.P) they are not compatible. So the only reason i managed to get my movies and pics across from A - B in the first place was via dropbox (as they wont sync). If i used imovei to edit and make a movie on my iphone, i guess i wont be able to transfer that across in any way to then burn it onto a dvd on my machine

MightyGem 06-11-2013 03:50 PM

Vertical videos? Only one solution I'm afraid:
Vertical Video Syndrome - A PSA - YouTube

Deckyon 06-11-2013 04:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vinniecole (Post 1520255)
the issue with that is - i can guess is this.

As my iphone is a 5 (modern) and laptop is an ibook (literally an O.A.P) they are not compatible. So the only reason i managed to get my movies and pics across from A - B in the first place was via dropbox (as they wont sync). If i used imovei to edit and make a movie on my iphone, i guess i wont be able to transfer that across in any way to then burn it onto a dvd on my machine

Still use Dropbox... then once on the laptop, burn it to DVD.

However, the most important thing to take from all of this is DONT SHOOT VERTICALLY!

Vinniecole 06-11-2013 05:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MightyGem (Post 1520294)
Vertical videos? Only one solution I'm afraid:
Vertical Video Syndrome - A PSA - YouTube

hahahaha that cracked me up. point taken. i always presumed that was the way to record movies, reason being is when you do it the 'correct' way when you watch it it always goes small on the phone - but logically i now can see that when its now on a screen it will be correct. point taken though and lesson learnt. cheers for your answers guys

Vinniecole 06-11-2013 05:06 PM

will dropbox actually transfer it in a complete movie file which can then be opened and read?

chas_m 06-13-2013 05:23 AM

The real solution here is to get your hands on a Mac made during this century, preferably this decade, even if only temporarily. Your long-term solution to this problem is also "get a newer Mac." Anything from 2009 and up should be great.

MightyGem 06-13-2013 05:45 PM

Quote:

will dropbox actually transfer it in a complete movie file which can then be opened and read?
Yes. When you email a link to the file in Dropbox, the recipient usually gets the option to either play it and/or download it.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:38 AM.

Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.