youtube video's with PPC
    hi folks; I'm sure this is an old question but what are my options for getting video onto the web , say to forum. I have about a seven or eight yr old mac mini , PPC, using OS 10.4.11.
    I think that i'm not supported in youtube and facebook. Are there work arounds or is there another way to make short video's and put them on the web.

27" i7 iMac, 24" iMac, 13" Macbook Air, iPhone 5 & 5S, iPod Nano 7th Gen, iPad 2 16GB WiFi, iPad 3
    Welcome to Mac-Forums..

Most sites that deal with Flash video require newer versions of Flash which require newer versions of OS X which require newer versions of Mac..

Snow Leopard (10.6) is the oldest Mac that would work in most cases, but your PPC based Mac can't run Snow Leopard..

Since your current setup is built around the Mac Mini, you could consider just replacing the PPC Mac MIni with the new one..The 2.5 Ghz i5 Mac Mini goes for $599 and is so much more powerful than your PPC Mac Mini..

Be sure to read the Community Guidelines | The more information you provide, the better answers you get, remember GIGO.

Warrington, UK
    PPC Mini, 10.4.11. Intel Mini, 10.6.8. MacBook Pro, 10.10.5. iPhone 3GS.
    If your problem is because you can't install the latest version of Flash, this will enable you to fool the system. It worked with my PPC Mini.
    Hack Allows PowerPC Macs to Access Flash 11 Content | Low End Mac

Black MacBook 2.2GHz C2D, 4GB Ram - iMac G4 700MHz, 512MB Ram
    As far as I know, Flash 10.1 (The last version available for PPC) is still compatible with youtube. To increase your chances of being able to play videos, try the Camino web browser. Works great for older Macs, and with it I can still watch youtube on my old G3's and G4's.

Speaking of Camino however, as of May 30th, 2013, Camino is no longer being supported. It's still useable, of course, but yet another blow to the older Macs. Pretty sad.

Thread Information