New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Movies and Video For people making movies and editing video with their Mac.

final cut color swap with blue screen

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

benwa100

benwa100 is on a distinguished road

Hi Everyone,

I'd like to change the color of a red hat and make it black in one of my movies edited in final cut express. I've seen a bunch of tutorials online that explain how to do it by using a chroma key combined with the color corrector. My problem is that I am already using a chroma key on the clip to take out a blue screen and I can't seem to put two chroma keys on the same clip.

Does anyone have other ideas of how to swap out the color? I've tried to use color keys to take out the blue screen, but it doesn't look very good compared to the chroma key.

Any suggestions are much appreciated.
QUOTE Thanks
codda

codda is a jewel in the roughcodda is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: 21.5 iMac 3.06 ghz 12gb ram 500g HD iPad 2 16G

Just a quick thought here...can you render just that part of the video in a separate project and then import back into this project and chroma key...?
QUOTE Thanks
benwa100

benwa100 is on a distinguished road

Thanks! That's a great idea. I ended up getting it to work with that basic idea, but a bit easier even. I changed the color in one sequence and then applied a second chroma key to that entire sequence to take out the blue screen. Essentially the same as your suggestion, but doesn't require the export/import.

thanks for your help!
QUOTE Thanks
codda

codda is a jewel in the roughcodda is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: 21.5 iMac 3.06 ghz 12gb ram 500g HD iPad 2 16G

Great...Glad it worked for ya....
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Can I do a 720 crop out of a 1080 film? | youtube video's with PPC »