New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Movies and Video For people making movies and editing video with their Mac.

Problem translating Videos

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Bucketbranch

Bucketbranch is on a distinguished road

Hello!

I am trying to translate videoclips from a Hard Disk to my macmini. I watched previously the videos on a windows pc and everything worked fine, but when I am plugging the hard disk into my Macmini, the video files has a lot of noise in the audio (which it's unrepairable). What can I do to solve this issue? I can't find an answer, and I need to deliver a very important videoclip

Please, help me
QUOTE Thanks
mrplow

mrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i7 (2011) 10.9, iPhone5s, iPad Air, AppleTV2

1. What do you mean by translate?
2. What format is the video in?
3. Which app are you using to play the clip?
4. Does the noise remain if you use a different app for playback?

External hard disk acquisition addict - but admitting the problem is the first step to a robust backup

Please use the reputation system if you think you've been helped - top right of this post
QUOTE Thanks
Bucketbranch

1- Sorry, by "Translating" I meant to "transfer" or move from the hard disk to the macmini

2- The format of the videos are .MTS and .AVI

3- I tried to use Quicktime an VLC player and also Adobe Premiere

4- Yes

Actually, the volume of the audio it's too low, that's why when I turn it up it sounds "noisy". I can't figure out what's happening. About 3 or 4 days ago I could play these videos
QUOTE Thanks
mrplow

mrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i7 (2011) 10.9, iPhone5s, iPad Air, AppleTV2

Do you have speakers connected to the Mac mini? Or are they built into a screen that's connected? Do you have the same issue if you connect headphones directly?

External hard disk acquisition addict - but admitting the problem is the first step to a robust backup

Please use the reputation system if you think you've been helped - top right of this post
QUOTE Thanks
Bucketbranch

I am using the "speaker" the macmini has already. But now that you've mentioned it, I plugged my headphones to the macmini audio port and I can already listen to the audio of the files. But this makes me wonder...why I couldn't listen to the audio before?
QUOTE Thanks
MightyGem

MightyGem is a jewel in the roughMightyGem is a jewel in the roughMightyGem is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: PPC Mini, 10.4.11. Intel Mini, 10.6.8. White MacBook, 10.8.5. iPhone 3GS.

Try MPEGStreamclip:
Squared 5 - MPEG Streamclip video converter for Mac OS X

Also try ReWrap2m4v which changes the mts to m4v(without any conversion) so that you can play it with Quicktime.
Rewrap2M4V - Mac Informer. Rewrap2M4V script will rewrap the .MTS file to the popular .M4V file format.
QUOTE Thanks
cradom

cradom has much to be proud ofcradom has much to be proud ofcradom has much to be proud ofcradom has much to be proud ofcradom has much to be proud ofcradom has much to be proud ofcradom has much to be proud ofcradom has much to be proud ofcradom has much to be proud ofcradom has much to be proud of
Mac Specs: 21in iMac core2 Duo- 13in macbook - 10.9 on both

Also note that VLC has it's own volume control which is quite a bit lower than the system volume. You might have to turn it up some.

Craig Domingue - resident redneck.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Trouble copying home movie DVD VTS .VOB file to Desktop | Publishing problem in iMovie »