New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Movies and Video For people making movies and editing video with their Mac.

animated gif in imovie

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

bbmusic

bbmusic is on a distinguished road

i currently have a video that i have edited but i want to add an animated character i have built to the frames, to overlay the video, not to become a separate frame.
so that they are integrated into the same frame.

so that the video plays in the background and the animation appears in the corner at the same time, a bit like a logo or watermark but i still want the animated motion involved.

how do i do this?

any help will be greatly appreciated.
QUOTE Thanks
MightyGem

MightyGem is a jewel in the roughMightyGem is a jewel in the roughMightyGem is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: PPC Mini, 10.4.11. Intel Mini, 10.6.8. White MacBook, 10.8.5. iPhone 3GS.

As far as I know, iMovie doesn't take animated gifs. You'll have to convert it to a video file(Quicktime would be best for iMovie), and then you can use the Picture in Picture option to do what you want.
QUOTE Thanks
TattooedMac

TattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 21" iMac 2.9Ghz 10.9.4 13"MBP 2.9Ghz i7 Yosemite 10.10 ~ iPhone5 iOS 8 ~ iPad Mini iOS 8 ~ ATV3 6.1

I have found a youtube video on how to get a GIF into iMovie here. It is v/ basic, but i can't find how to overlay a GIF onto a Movie at all, without going into the FinalCutPro type of App that cost $$$.
There is plenty out there with GIF's in a KeyNote/Power Point presentations.

I found something from another thread here in M-F that mentions Animated GIF's into video using………… Quick Time 7 Pro for a lot less $ than FCP. . . . There are a lot of tutorials out there but can't find a specific one atm.

HTH some

Cheers

CogFrog Studio's ~ Photography, Apps and Web Development
Dont forget to use the Reputation System if someone has helped you out !!!
Arguing with a zealot is only slightly easier than tunneling through a mountain with your forehead!!!!!
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Final cut pro x graphics card | Convert VOB to MKV with subs using Handbreak »