New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Movies and Video For people making movies and editing video with their Mac.

iMovie to Adobe Premiere

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

smkmachrider

Yes I know there was already a topic about how different FCP/FCE was to AP. But, this is different. For the past year or more, for my making movie purposes (or music vids, really doesn't matter) I've been using iMovie. iMovie has been pretty good with making MVs thus far, but I want to expand my skills on it. And the only way I know I can, is if I use AP. Recently, I've been using AP from time to time.

And well, most recently (last weekend) I worked on a sort of a project on it. Just to get the basics straight, I do finish it but I haven't compressed it yet (for obvious reasons- it would take to long). So, anyway, I apparently like AP better in the most obvious reasons, however, I would still like to use iMovie in conjunction with AP. But, the problem is, when I do compress the files, they become AP files and not direct Quicktime files, leading me to the point where I would not be able to edit them in iMovie (like I'd hope to have).

I suppose my question is, which one should I stick with? And if it's to stick with AP, how do I make the files directly Quicktime playable without (when double clicking it) AP opening to play it? I'm asking because, I would like to send these to my friends to see what they think of them and what not, and they can't play them without having AP so I was wondering how I would make them Quicktime playable without AP opening? (Besides putting it into the Quicktime player).

I have two other questions, will iMovie ever get a plugin or upgrade that includes the trasnparency effect? (That AP can do?) I ask this because that was one of the reasons I started to use AP over iMovie. And the last question is, is Final Cut Pro/Express any better than these two video editing softwares? (for making Music Video purposes).

Oh and the Adobe Premiere version I'm using is 6.5.

Thanks for your time.
QUOTE Thanks
trpnmonkey41

trpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to behold
Mac Specs: 20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano

If you are looking to move past iMovie then you want to got for Final Cut Pro/Express definitely. Final Cut Pro is the best video editing program I have used and much better interface than AP in my opinion

Don't forget to use the new User Reputation System
QUOTE Thanks
smkmachrider

Does FCP/FCE have effects both iMovie and AP have? (Including the transparency effect AP has).
QUOTE Thanks
trpnmonkey41

trpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to behold
Mac Specs: 20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano

http://www.apple.com/finalcutstudio/...pro/specs.html

Its got anything you could think of

Don't forget to use the new User Reputation System
QUOTE Thanks
smkmachrider

What version of Final Cut Pro would work on my computer? (I'll post my specs of my computer below).

Machine Model: iMac
CPU Type: PowerPC 750 (22.14)
Number Of CPUs: 1
CPU Speed: 500 MHz
L2 Cache (per CPU): 256 KB
Memory: 1 GB
Bus Speed: 100 MHz

What Final Cut Pro version could I run, is what I'm asking.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Digital Video Camera Suggestions? | IPTV Channels »