04-15-2013, 10:43 PM #1
How to create a poster frame in iMovie?
- Member Since
- Nov 20, 2012
Is it possible to create a poster frame with iMovie 11? I tried the procedure below, and it did not work. I'm referring to the thumbnail seen when viewing a movie in finder, or say on the apple TV.
A poster frame is a single frame at the beginning of your movie clip that is visible when the clip opens in a QuickTime player.
1. Move the play head to your frame of choice.
2. From the Edit menu, choose Create Stil lFrame. This creates a 5 second clip of the frame in your clipboard.
3. Double Click on the Clip and use the dialog box that appears.
4. Set Duration to 00:00:01. This will make the clip last only one frame.
5. Drag the clip to your timeline and place it as the first frame of your movie.
04-16-2013, 05:30 AM #2
- Member Since
- Jan 22, 2010
- Victoria, BC
- Mid-2012 MBP (16GB, 1TB HD), Monoprice 24-inch second monitor, iPhone 5s 32GB, iPad Air 2 64GB
Those directions wouldn't work -- ever -- because iMovie cannot set a duration of one frame and never has been able to as far as I can recall.
One solution I found was here: https://discussions.apple.com/thread...art=0&tstart=0
It does, however, require having QuickTime 7 Pro.
Users Browsing this Thread
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)
By zdub in forum OS X - Operating SystemReplies: 0Last Post: 06-13-2015, 02:13 PM
By AlexC in forum Movies and VideoReplies: 3Last Post: 08-29-2014, 08:44 AM
By halfmonkey in forum Movies and VideoReplies: 1Last Post: 06-06-2014, 05:01 PM
By Jammi in forum Movies and VideoReplies: 3Last Post: 10-14-2011, 01:47 PM
By hedleyw in forum Movies and VideoReplies: 1Last Post: 01-11-2007, 03:53 AM