How to create a poster frame in iMovie?
Is it possible to create a poster frame with iMovie 11? I tried the procedure below, and it did not work. I'm referring to the thumbnail seen when viewing a movie in finder, or say on the apple TV.
A poster frame is a single frame at the beginning of your movie clip that is visible when the clip opens in a QuickTime player.
1. Move the play head to your frame of choice.
2. From the Edit menu, choose Create Stil lFrame. This creates a 5 second clip of the frame in your clipboard.
3. Double Click on the Clip and use the dialog box that appears.
4. Set Duration to 00:00:01. This will make the clip last only one frame.
5. Drag the clip to your timeline and place it as the first frame of your movie.
Those directions wouldn't work -- ever -- because iMovie cannot set a duration of one frame and never has been able to as far as I can recall.
One solution I found was here: https://discussions.apple.com/thread...art=0&tstart=0
It does, however, require having QuickTime 7 Pro. :(
|All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:57 AM.|
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.