New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Movies and Video For people making movies and editing video with their Mac.

Ipad Movie App

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

kaz cooke

kaz cooke is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Mac book pro, 3.06Ghz intel core 2 due, 4gb memory,version 10.6.8 snow leopard

Hi All

I'm looking for a Ipad app that I can upload a number of photos to to make a stop motion video i.e. I took 100 shots of my friend doing a jump and i need to make each photo last 0.1 sec so it looks like its video.

I have IMovie but it only goes down to 0.3 sec and the start and end position are not the same.

Any ideas for the ipad?

cheers
QUOTE Thanks
chas_m

chas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 2012 MBP, Black speakers, Black Benq second monitor, black(ish) iPhone 5s, Black 2012 iPad, etc.

The iPad version is not suitable for such a precision job. It was designed for typical consumer editing, which is far more casual than what you're doing. Also, you don't need each photo to last 0.1 second; you need each photo to last 1/30th (0.0333repeating) for it to look like real-time video.

Even the desktop version of iMovie cannot do that, so instead let me suggest a program you already have: QuickTime X. WAAAY easier approach.

How to Make Stop Motion Video with Apple QuickTime Software
QUOTE Thanks
kaz cooke

Mac Specs: Mac book pro, 3.06Ghz intel core 2 due, 4gb memory,version 10.6.8 snow leopard

chas_m

thats great thank you for this, is the Quicktime x on the Ipad? as its really the Ipad im aiming to do it on while working away from my mac
QUOTE Thanks
chas_m

chas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 2012 MBP, Black speakers, Black Benq second monitor, black(ish) iPhone 5s, Black 2012 iPad, etc.

Nope. There is no program for the iPad that I'm aware of that can handle your stop-motion requirements. You need to use a computer.

(for about 30 seconds -- the tutorial on how to do this is above. For 100 shots it shouldn't take 10 seconds for it to put this together and maybe another 10 to save it)
QUOTE Thanks
kaz cooke

Thanks chas_m
QUOTE Thanks
alicepattinson

alicepattinson can only hope to improve

Hmmm. I didnt know any app for your concerns as well.
QUOTE Thanks
codda

codda is a jewel in the roughcodda is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: 21.5 iMac 3.06 ghz 12gb ram 500g HD iPad 2 16G

Just use iMovie...load your stills...set the minimum amount of time possible, render. Reload the finished movie back into iMovie as a new project and speed the time up a hair....
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« burn | vlc dual »