New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus • Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts • Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Movies and Video For people making movies and editing video with their Mac.

Red line at the bottom of clips in imovie

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

bwinona

bwinona is on a distinguished road

Hi. I'm new to making movies. I imported two clips from SAM animation. Well, actually, I exported them from SAM animation to my documents folder. Then I went into imovie and imported the clips. The clips had the "dot mov" at the end. They both imported fine into imovie. However, now I have a thin red line going across the bottom of both clips. I don't know what that line is for. Also, the transition between the clips won't complete. When I play the movie from the beginning, it gets stuck on the transition part. Why? How can I fix these problems? I would appreciate any and all help I can get. Thank you.
QUOTE Thanks
chas_m

chas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 2012 MBP, Black speakers, Black Benq second monitor, black(ish) iPhone 5s, Black 2012 iPad, etc.

The thin "red" line usually signifies that you have used the clips in your project (the "used" line is actually more orange in colour. It's just an easy way of showing you what bits of footage you have used from the clips in your actual project.

As for the transition problem, I can't really say except to double-check that you have enough time in the clips being bridged to support the length of the transition plus some extra time.
QUOTE Thanks
MightyGem

MightyGem is a jewel in the roughMightyGem is a jewel in the roughMightyGem is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: PPC Mini, 10.4.11. Intel Mini, 10.6.8. White MacBook, 10.8.5. iPhone 3GS.

Try deleting the Transition and then re-inserting.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Ideal video format for final cut pro | Why wont my rejected clips go to trash? »