New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Movies and Video For people making movies and editing video with their Mac.

Rip a movie to Final Cut Pro?

Thread Closed

burnedfaceless

burnedfaceless has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Mac Specs: 15" Core i7 2.3ghz retina-MacBook OS 10.9.1

Hey I need to rip a DVD movie to Final Cut Pro. I'm a new OSX user used to DVD Decryptor.

What I need to do is rip the movie and only use the video (add audio).

I tried MPEG streamclip but I feel like I need some freeware program that will completely work. Any tips will be appreciated.
chscag

chscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i5, 3.2 GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 5c, 3 iPods, OS X Mavericks

First, please read through our Sticky Post regarding ripping Movies: LINK
burnedfaceless

Hey to clarify I'm doing this for educational purposes. I bought a cheap movie I plan to use to learn final cut commands and hopefully some fades and other effects (through tutorials and youtube videos).

I'm taking a theatre video editing class and I really want to do some post production editing but I know a little less than some of the other editors. So if they're gonna let me do some editing I need to do a little more work.

I used rip it to rip the dvd to an extension that appears to be .dvdmedia. I'm assuming this is a video that captures the media and merges all of the .vob files togethor. Also I'm a Windows user so I'm unfamiliar with this file and I need software ideally free that will convert it into a file for use with final cut pro.

What I need from y'all is to be able to convert these into final cut pro.

To clarify I can assure you my uses are entirely legal.
burnedfaceless

If you need assurance I can post my class syllabus. I'm a music major in an upper level theatre class and I need some help.

edit: my scanner isn't working but the class is thea 3800 at armstrong atlantic state university. my browser is rendering wrong so i can't give you a link assuming i need to clear my cookies like ios. in the meantime i have a political science class at 12:30. i was performance but i'm liberal arts now.
chscag

chscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i5, 3.2 GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 5c, 3 iPods, OS X Mavericks

It doesn't matter why you're doing it, it is illegal in the US. As stated above - read through our guidelines. Thread closed.

Thread Closed

« Why does it take FOREVER to import in iMovie? | screen too dark on macbook pro »