Specs:
    Macbook Pro, Ipad, Iphone 4 and a few powerbook G4 in various states and conditions
    iMovie slideshow: How to keep large size images from shrinking?
    Hi all,

I need to do a quick and dirty slideshow of my artwork with Ken Burns effect. So far everything works fine (file size, ease of use, etc...) except for one thing: When I import my images (4000 pixels wide) into the library iMovie resizes them to fit the size of the project. I want to keep the imaes large so that we can really zoom into the little details. I couldn't find any options to avoid this re-sizing.

Any help?

Specs:
    PPC Mini, 10.4.11. Intel Mini, 10.6.8. MacBook Pro, 10.10.5. iPhone 3GS.
    iMovie resizes them to fit the size of the project.
    Yes, so that you see the entire image in the Project.

I couldn't find any options to avoid this re-sizing.
    Don't think that you can. You could always crop you picture outside of iMovie, and then put the cropped section into your Project.

Specs:
    Macbook Pro, Ipad, Iphone 4 and a few powerbook G4 in various states and conditions
    Thanks, but that wouldn't help. What I want is to show a zoomed view of a picture, and then slowly zoom out to reveal the whole picture (or the other way around, I don't mind). The controls of the Ken Burns effect allow you to define a rectangular area where the effect will take place by moving the handles, but I can only scale down the handles, not scale up.

Maybe I'll have to do that manually with keynote or as a Photoshop animation, but I was more looking for a quick and dirty fix.

Specs:
    Mid-2012 MBP (16GB, 1TB HD), Monoprice 24-inch second monitor, iPhone 5s 32GB, iPad Air 2 64GB
    The fundamental problem you are running into is that images imported into iMovie will ALWAYS be scaled down to 720x480 for a 4:3 standard-definition project, or at best 1920x1280 for a 1080p project. There is no way around this.

If you need to preserve the resolution while still zoomed in, you need to do this animation in another program first and bring that in separately.

Specs:
    Thanks Chas, that seems to be what happens, regardless of the image size. I guess I will use my Keynote ninja skills for that project instead.

thanks

Thread Information