would like to start working with video - can I with this mac?
    I used to be on a mac at my job, but was switched to a PC - now I'd like to start some new projects using Premiere and it seems my 32-bit OS isn't up for it - and upgrading (so I'm told) would be a fortune - sooooo

I'd like to propose the idea of revisiting Macs to my company, but don't want to order a machine that won't be up for the task (60 second stuff, not feature films)

can anybody tell me if this Mac would fit the bill to get the foot back in the door?

Buy.com - Apple Mac mini MC815LL/A Desktop Computer - Intel Core i5 2.30 GHz

Specs:
    2011 13" MBP 2.3ghz, 8gig ram, OS 10.8.5
    Quote Originally Posted by fstjohn View Post
    I used to be on a mac at my job, but was switched to a PC - now I'd like to start some new projects using Premiere and it seems my 32-bit OS isn't up for it - and upgrading (so I'm told) would be a fortune - sooooo

I'd like to propose the idea of revisiting Macs to my company, but don't want to order a machine that won't be up for the task (60 second stuff, not feature films)

can anybody tell me if this Mac would fit the bill to get the foot back in the door?
    This may not directly answer your question...but what I would recommend is NOT buying the Mac-Mini that was linked from Buy.com.

This computer is basically "last year's model" so to speak...and at $555 is no deal! You can buy the most current Mac-Mini model for $599 directly from Apple...and it will have:

- a faster cpu
    - better video graphics
    - twice the installed ram

http://store.apple.com/us/browse/hom...amily/mac_mini

All of this is WELL WORTH the extra $44 bucks!

- Nick
    - Too many "beachballs", read this: Beachballs
    - Computer seems slower than it used to? Read this for some slow computer tips: Speedup
    - Almost full hard drive? Some solutions. Out of Space
    - Apple Battery Info. Battery

Specs:
    15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
    Or click the link to B&H Photo right there on that same page and get the current model brand new for only an additional $9.80.

That reconditioned one probably has 10.7 on it, so it'll cost ya $20 just to upgrade the OS as soon as you get it.
    I cannot be held responsible for the things that come out of my mouth.
    In the Windows world, most everything folks don't understand is called a virus.

how about that?!

not only that, I can now ask the "seller" directly if I can run Premiere and After Effects!

thanks a million (dunno how I didnt see that on Apple's site before!)

Thread Information