New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus ē Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts ē Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Movies and Video For people making movies and editing video with their Mac.

Organising clips in FCP X

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

jdf_30

jdf_30 is on a distinguished road

Hi,
Over the past year or so Iíve built up a collection of videos and clips of family events, trips away etc.
I was using iMovie, but itís started to become a bit more limited as Iím now interested in a few more advanced features, so I bought FCP X - Itís brilliant!

As I said earlier, Iíve build up a collection of say 30 video clips and am now struggling with how to organize them. Can you keyword them?

Iím not sure if by leaving the clips grouped in separate events is a good idea - will it slow down the performance of FCP?

I had exported all the clips, but if/when I want to reuse them, Iíll have to import them again.

Iím really after some good organization tips, because in years to come, Iím going to have hundreds of clips and I wonít know whats what, unless I watch them all!

Iím so confused and more importantly - untidy!
Help!
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« trouble importing to iMovie | Burn »