Final cut studio
    Who makes the best training videos for Final Cut studio 3?

Specs:
    Mid-2012 MBP (16GB, 1TB HD), Monoprice 24-inch second monitor, iPhone 5s 32GB, iPad Air 2 64GB
    There is no Final Cut Studio 3. Are you referring perhaps to the package released in July 2009 (which was just called "Final Cut Studio") which consists of FCP 7, DVD Studio Pro 4, etc?

Or are you referring to the Final Cut Pro 3, released in 2001?

If the former, check Lynda.com for a starting point. If the latter, check the Smithsonian Institution.

Specs:
    21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
    Quote Originally Posted by chas_m View Post
    If the latter, check the Smithsonian Institution.
    Made me lol
    Dont forget to use the Reputation System if someone has helped you out !!!
    Arguing with a zealot is only slightly easier than tunneling through a mountain with your forehead!!!!!
    MoTM ☆☆☆

Specs:
    21" iMac * 2.8 Ghz Intel Core i7 * 16GB 1333 Mhz DDR3 * 1TB HD *AMD Radeon HD 6770M 512 MB
    There is indeed a Final Cut Studio 3, although it doesn't have the 3 on the package. It includes Final Cut Pro 7. Lynda.com and the Apple Training books by Peach Pit Press got me certified in FCP 7, which is superior to Final Cut X at present.

Specs:
    Early 2008 Mac Pro 8 core 26GB RAM
    Quote Originally Posted by Oneironaut View Post
    There is indeed a Final Cut Studio 3, although it doesn't have the 3 on the package. It includes Final Cut Pro 7. Lynda.com and the Apple Training books by Peach Pit Press got me certified in FCP 7, which is superior to Final Cut X at present.
    Is that the last version before they stripped down Final Cut to this latest thing that sorta looks like iMovie '11?

Specs:
    21" iMac * 2.8 Ghz Intel Core i7 * 16GB 1333 Mhz DDR3 * 1TB HD *AMD Radeon HD 6770M 512 MB
    Yes, it's the last real version of FCP.

Specs:
    Mid-2012 MBP (16GB, 1TB HD), Monoprice 24-inch second monitor, iPhone 5s 32GB, iPad Air 2 64GB
    I'm loving how the pro video editing community has had to eat their words on FCPX. It's now more popular than ever.

As a publishing pro, I saw this exact same phenomenon happen when Adobe brought out InDesign and killed Pagemaker. Oh the wailing and gnashing of teeth.

Specs:
    Early 2008 Mac Pro 8 core 26GB RAM
    Quote Originally Posted by phonebone View Post
    Is that the last version before they stripped down Final Cut to this latest thing that sorta looks like iMovie '11?
    Yes, it's the last real version of FCP.
    Thank you. I was gifted a box set of Final Cut Pro 6, and it is a huge learning curve for me to tackle after using only iMovie '11 and earlier for five+ years.

Thread Information