Which mac is best for a YouTuber?
    Hi, I'm not very knowledgeable about macs but I've been looking in to them recently because I've heard they are best for what I want. I'm a YouTuber (only in a small way at the moment, but I want to increase my uploads) I'll be uploading and editing perhaps 2 or 3 videos a week, and other than that the computer will just be used for social media and quite a lot of video streaming. I can afford the basic models (around 1000) is it worth me saving more money and getting a different model? I was looking at the MBPs but would the MPA be better for me? It won't be travelling many places with me, but I'd like it to look stylish. I'm still at school by the way, but it won't be used for school work, I'll do that on my current laptop. What would you suggest?

Forest Hills, NYC
    15-inch Early 2008; Processor 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo; Memory 4 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM; 10.7.5
    No need for anything other than even a base model 11" Air if that size is okay with you. It's plenty powerful for such a menial task. It can handle video editing of that magnitude without effort. I'm sure it would even handle Final Cut Pro without too much trouble. They come standard with 4 gigs of RAM, which is more than enough to handle a project in FCP X if you aren't running much else in the background.

Thanks for your help, I think I'll go for the 13inch, it might be a bit too much going from a 17inch laptop to something that small.

Thread Information