New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Movies and Video For people making movies and editing video with their Mac.

best AVCHD 1080/50p to Mac also a Downloader for internet video

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

applecbj

applecbj is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Imac OSX 10.6.8

Originally Posted by applecbj
What is latest advice on AVCHD on Mac
Yesterday, 04:22 PM
Wonder if someone could possibly help me.I asked for help converting Panasonic's1080/50p files - preserving the brilliant quality of the original - into equivalent for mac. My operating system is 10.6.8 with Imovie '09. I also need to be able to edit them.

Have there been any improvements during the last year. Roxio Toast for example and also Clip Wrap or any other ones. I have Handbrake, but it is slow and quite complicated and difficult to edit. So I don't mind buying something that will be easy to work with.

Any suggestions would be gratefully received as I know there is a lot of dross out there.

Secondly, could you recommend a videodownloader for the net etc. Many thanks

Best wishes, Applecbj (We are now nearly 2013 there must be some improvements!)
QUOTE Thanks
chas_m

chas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 2012 MBP, Black speakers, Black Benq second monitor, black(ish) iPhone 5s, Black 2012 iPad, etc.

If your iMovie is up to date, you should be able to edit that video directly in iMovie now.

As for a video downloader, I use FastestTube (an extension for Safari) and MacTubes (both free) to grab YouTube videos. I don't have any need to capture outside of YouTube so I can't recommend anything for other sites.
QUOTE Thanks
MightyGem

MightyGem is a jewel in the roughMightyGem is a jewel in the roughMightyGem is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: PPC Mini, 10.4.11. Intel Mini, 10.6.8. White MacBook, 10.8.5. iPhone 3GS.

Quote:
Panasonic's1080/50p
Quote:
If your iMovie is up to date, you should be able to edit that video directly in iMovie now.
Does 50/60p not indicate 50/60 frames per second? I didn't think that iMovie could edit 50/60p video without some sort of conversion first?

As 50/60i video creates 50/60 half frames per second, sort of 25/30 fps, iMovie can edit it?

Any clarification on the above would help the confusion I suffer whenever I read that iMovie can or cannot edit 50/60fps video, depending on the poster.
QUOTE Thanks
chas_m

chas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 2012 MBP, Black speakers, Black Benq second monitor, black(ish) iPhone 5s, Black 2012 iPad, etc.

Not conversion, but re-wrapping for 50/60p:

https://discussions.apple.com/thread...art=0&tstart=0

A workflow:
Edit 1080/50p and burn a disk

Sorry my first answer was incorrect - I was focusing on the AVCHD part and didn't notice the 50/60p part.
QUOTE Thanks
MightyGem

MightyGem is a jewel in the roughMightyGem is a jewel in the roughMightyGem is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: PPC Mini, 10.4.11. Intel Mini, 10.6.8. White MacBook, 10.8.5. iPhone 3GS.

Thanks for that chas_m. Very useful, especially the second link.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« IMovie to Youtube problem | LG BD Drives "Riplocked" »