How to burn .MOV onto DVD that will play on MAC/Windows or via menu on home DVDplayer
    I have a .MOV file that I want to burn onto a DVD that will be easily played on computers as well as most standalone home DVD players (on a TV).

So far I have used Disk Utility on my Macbook to burn a DVD+R that successfully plays on both Macs and Windows, but it does not play on my home DVD player (I may have burned it at too high a recording speed and I intend to try again at a slower speed).

Besides the mechanics of simply burning a DVD, I need to create this DVD for a client who intends to duplicate it and send them to customers, so the distributed DVDs must easily play on either Macs or Windows AND on home DVD or Blue-ray players.

Plus, for playback on a home DVD or Blue-ray player I'd like to be able to add a nice menu interface, so hopefully any recommended software package can help me there as well.

1) Can anyone recommend software can I use to create/burn a DVD that plays nicely in all these scenarios AND helps me create a nice menu interface for use during playback on the standalone player?

2) Do I need to create a DVD that contains 2 versions of the video (one for playback on computers and one for playback on standalone DVD players?

Any guidance appreciated

Los Angeles, California
    2 x 3.0GHz Quad-Core, 6GB OS X 10.6.8 | 15in MacBook Pro 2.2GHz OS X 10.6.8 | 64GB iPad 2 WiFi
    Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, It's about learning to dance in the rain!

Warrington, UK
    PPC Mini, 10.4.11. Intel Mini, 10.6.8. MacBook Pro, 10.10.5. iPhone 3GS.
    Or Burn, which is free:
    Burn - Home

Thread Information